Tedpop in Spain

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tedpop

Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Cocentaina Spain
Hello everyone from Spain,

I'm just new to this site but so far have been impressed with what ive read so far, lots of hints and tips for an old brit living here in Spain.

I am using my weber Bar B Q  to smoke chicken and fish and me and the missus are thrilled to bits with the results, very tasty and a flavour  above simple bar b q. i am making a cold smoke box at the moment and hope to do some Cheese when the temperature drops a bit here. In the meantime  i will be checking things out on the site and hopefully gaining much knowledge in the world of smoking foods

right then that's your lot for now

Hasta Luego

Ted and Judith

Hello Ted and welcome to SMF - glad to have you here with us - How about sharing some Spanish Chorizo sausage recipes here - there are lots of us sausage makers here too  

Welcome to SMF glad you decided to join us. You'll find lots of great info and some outstanding recipes here. Have fun and happy smoking

Now then Scarbelly thanks for the welcome, The Chorizo sausage we get is all shop bought i'm afraid some better than others.

Can i put some in the smoker ??????

I am trying to get a supply of Goats milk to make cheese but having no luck yet but the search goes on theres lots of goats in Spain  but  trying to get  raw milk is the problem. if i get up and running weith the cheese  will do for me , never mind making sausage.

Tara For Now

Ted and Judith

Thanks Pineywoods , as you say the info here is spot on, but i spend most of my time reading and not enough time doing.

Time  now is  five to ten in spain so im off for a cup of tea (English Beverage) then a bit of downloaded television from the old country.

Bye For now

Ted and Judith

Now then Scarbelly thanks for the welcome, The Chorizo sausage we get is all shop bought i'm afraid some better than others.

Can i put some in the smoker ??????

I am trying to get a supply of Goats milk to make cheese but having no luck yet but the search goes on theres lots of goats in Spain  but  trying to get  raw milk is the problem. if i get up and running weith the cheese  will do for me , never mind making sausage.

Tara For Now

Ted and Judith
Thanks for the reply - if you happen to run across a recipe for it please send me a PM - as for smoking it, most of the ones I have seen are cured so yes you could smoke it either hot or cold IF YOU ARE SURE it is cured - otherwise only hot smoke it

Welcome there Guvnor. You picked the right place if you want to learn how to smoke. These guys are great and full of awesome info. I have learned so much in the last month I can hardly stand it.
icon_wink.gif

Welcome aboard! I wish I could send you some goat's milk! I get all I can handle from my neighbor and all I have to do is bring mama goat some veggie treats. Goat cheese is awesome and fun to make too. I am currently working on some provolone that I hope to age 6-9 months then smoke!

Sounds good to me Squirrel, i must persevere with the quest for the elusive spanish goats milk,  perhaps one day all will come good

Thanks for the post

Ted and Judith

Ted and Judith welcome aboard!  SMF as you've found is great place and will definitely cut the learning curve for smokin' up some great food!  Remember we love some Qview...so charge up; that digital camera next time you smoke.

cool.gif

Welcome to SMF there Ted and Judith. You will really like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now you have alot to learn from theses folks and the same goes for us here too. It's nice to have many new members that we can learn from too. So go get you something to smoke and if you need any help at all just ask it here or in chat and we will be more then willing to help you.

Ted and Judith, welcome to the SMF. You are from a land of rich flavors, culture, art, and history. Have you tried making paella on your Weber? While speaking of goats, just follow the trail from Manchego cheese, one of my favorites. BTW, my family (Grijalva) is originally from Cuéllar, about 50 km south of Valladolid. I'll be looking forward to your Spanish way of smoking/grilling foods.  It's all good my friend.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post  Richoso1, Paella is a regular on the weber and  comes out a treat as you probably know, as yet i havn't  used Smoke to finish it off but next time it's on the Menu a piece of  Olive wood  will go on the Coals for the last five minutes.

Sunday gone i did some  Salmon , Hake and  Swordfish  in the weber with smoke, the brined salmon and swordfish  were good but the Hake seemed to take in a bit too much of the Brine and was somewhat salty.  the swordfish and Hake  were mixed into Rice, with Mushrooms, Peppers  Garlic and a couple of chopped up boiled Eggs. served with  a salad  a tasty feed for the missus and i

A variation on Kedgeree  Spanglish style.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky