#Team275 on my Masterbuilt 40!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigbaddad

Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Benton, Ky
Haven't posted in a while. Put together my new Masterbilt MES 40 yesterday and seasoned it. The wood chip thing is a bit small but smoking great!!Trying ribs at 275 degrees from different places I have read up on. my old Brinkmann R2D2 gave up the ghost and only made about 225 on hot days. This thing is awesome!! Rubbed ribs with Weber Smoking Rub and placed at 275 for 2 hours.Wrapped at the 2 hour mark with just some apple juice. Sposta wait two more hours...can't wait!! At that point will sauce for 1/2 hour or so. Keep y'all posted...

Will post after pics.

Hi there and welcome!

I can't wait to see how it all turns out :)

Learned alot on first try with new smoker. Number 1...I love it. Easy to use and my rack temp was right at 273. Real close. You'll see that I cut the slab in half. That's what I always did with my little brinkmann. MISTAKE!! Plenty of room. Adding chips is a bit of a pain so I will order a wedgie!! (Just like high school)!!. Smoked some zuchini's and they were great (40 minutes). RIBS...did the 2-2-.5 hours that I think I read from a post on this website. Here are some finished pics. The Weber rub was boring but I had run out of my go to. Bad Bob'd Hawg Rub. They were at the point of falling off the bone but still held on. My wife likes them that way. Enjoy the pics! And being from Kentucky I tossed in my glass of Makers with a splash of Seven!!

Reactions: sauced and tallbm
Great looking ribs....and that drink ain't bad either!!!

Learned alot on first try with new smoker. Number 1...I love it. Easy to use and my rack temp was right at 273. Real close. You'll see that I cut the slab in half. That's what I always did with my little brinkmann. MISTAKE!! Plenty of room. Adding chips is a bit of a pain so I will order a wedgie!! (Just like high school)!!. Smoked some zuchini's and they were great (40 minutes). RIBS...did the 2-2-.5 hours that I think I read from a post on this website. Here are some finished pics. The Weber rub was boring but I had run out of my go to. Bad Bob'd Hawg Rub. They were at the point of falling off the bone but still held on. My wife likes them that way. Enjoy the pics! And being from Kentucky I tossed in my glass of Makers with a splash of Seven!!
Wow that looks great!

I think a smoke generator is a great idea.  The A-Maze-N Pellet Smoker (AMNPS) seems to be the one used most by guys on the forum.  I also think they may sponsor the site.  I bring it up as well because many MES owners use it here and so you know it will fit on the bottom bars or on a rack in the MES and you get get all the details on how to handle any issues you may run into with airflow, etc.  I'm assuming the wedgie would be similar but just wanted to give a heads up that with an AMNPS you can get a wealth of knowledge and direct experience from all the users of it on this site.  Finally, the AMNPS fits well in mail box mods should you ever want to go that route.  I'm not sure of the dimentions of the wedgie and if that would be more difficult to use with a mailmox mod idea if the wedgie has odd dimentions being a triangle and all.

Great work and let us know what you decide :)

Nice smoke!

I can't argue with the name but I will second the AMNPS... I looked at the wedgie when I got my maze but it only advertises 2 plus hours of smoke, I wanted more set it and forget it(I just had my maze go for 12 hours overnight last night!) good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky