Tater Tots

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Southeast Michigan
I've seen a bunch of people with tater tots on their plates in the past few months. I don't think I ever bought tater tots.. I do believe my mom made tater tots for us kids back in the 70s maybe..
I never knew so many 50+ age people bought tater tots.
Learn something new everyday. :D

If you like taters, or Hash Browns, you will probably like them.
Heat them in the Oven on a cookie sheet, or in a CI pan.
They look a lot like hash browns in little cubes or balls.
Try a bag, Johnny. ;)

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Tater tots baked in oven till crisp then covered with smoked pulled pork butt, smoked cheddar, and a couple of fried eggs, then back in oven to melt cheese is a wonderful meal.

If you like taters, or Hash Browns, you will probably like them.
Heat them in the Oven on a cookie sheet, or in a CI pan.
They look a lot like hash browns in little cubes or balls.
Try a bag, Johnny. ;)

no...no...nooooo they must be deep fried, all that crunchy goodness gets messed up in the oven. I eat them all the time and I am 60+...I am an expert, trust me on this...lol

no...no...nooooo they must be deep fried, all that crunchy goodness gets messed up in the oven. I eat them all the time and I am 60+...I am an expert, trust me on this...lol

I'm 68, a heart patient, and what the hell are you thinking man?
Intravenous cholesterol injections?

I'm pulling seniority... LMAO!

I love tater tots, well basically any kind of fried potato. But I have recently given up all fried foods and anything to do with potatoes, need to find some tasty but healthy alternatives.

I hadn’t had tots in many years until I moved to Idaho. Tots are a choice at many diner type places and are deep fried. I’ll take them over fries.

I like the Green Giant spin ... Coliflour tots and Broccoli Tots

I like cauliflower and broccoli, but if I'm having tot's I want them to be as unhealthy as possible and 100% potato or whatever they're made of.

They also make a great vessel when giving the pooch his medicine. Skidmark is a tater tot eating machine.

Chris

In the fryer for sure! I know some of you guys have AIR FRYERS... How does that work with tots? I'm on the fence on buying one... I need a push.

Reactions: SonnyE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky