tater tots

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

andymiddle

Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
UK
Hi guys. I am the head chef at a family run smokehouse in England and we sell tater tots as a side and appetiser. At the moment I am making a puree of onion, cheese and sweetcorn which is then stuffed into a handformed ball of grated potato. I then smoke and fry to finish. Any recipes or ideas to help me out?
Thx

Roll those babies in panko bread crumbs before dropping the smoked tots in the deep fryer.  Adds a nice crunch. 

You didn't mention any spices, or "enhancements," which are more a matter of personal taste.  Besides salt and pepper, any seasoning salt works nicely.  For enhancements think bacon, chives or turning up the heat with chopped jalapenos or habaneros (I don't know the spicy tolerance of UK'ers).  With your basic recipe you could experiment to your heart's content. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky