Tater Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I couldn't find my post on this. But another member posted it as well. This is one of my favorite recipes. I've done it so much. I know the recipe by heart.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/goody-girl-championship-potatoes.57088/
That's a good one, I will have to get some of those ingriedients next time I'm at the store. Was looking for something simple that I have here at the house and found this:
  • 2 lbs. potatoes (5 to 6 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
  • 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp. vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1 cup thinly sliced celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)

That's a good one, I will have to get some of those ingriedients next time I'm at the store. Was looking for something simple that I have here at the house and found this:
  • 2 lbs. potatoes (5 to 6 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
  • 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp. vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1 cup thinly sliced celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)

This is similar to the German potato salad my wife makes. Just substitute bacon for the celery and and double the vinegar and your basically there. Also no eggs.

Chris

Reactions: smokininidaho
I don't like mayo in potato salad, preferring a southern German style like Grandma and Mom used to make. I like the vinegar and mustard flavor. If it's too much, some sugar can be added to tone it down.

3 pounds new potatoes
1/2 pound bacon, diced
1 large red onion, diced
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Black Pepper
8 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves

Boil the spuds. Cook down the bacon. Cook the onion in the bacon grease. Add the mustard and vinegar. Dump into mixing bowl. Add cooled spuds. Pepper, parsley and green onions. Serve warm or cold. Stolen from Food Network.

If you like Old Bay seasoning give this a try
Directly off the old bay can.

RG

Attachments

• 20191012_160340.jpg
    20191012_160340.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 15
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky