Tasso....SW La style....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Diehardmason

Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
Cypress, Tx
Made some Tasso this week. 15 lbs of boneless pork butt. Trimmed the cap and saved for sausage and andouille. Light sweetness and an amazing kick of cayenne and crushed pepper. Smoked 5-1/2 hours with oak and pecan between 150-175.

Finished product 5-1/2 hours
DC099180-E52D-426F-8685-4B9BED025A79.jpeg

On the smoker 3 hours in
F968A4D6-D5B9-4C14-BC67-1CE7EA58929C.jpeg
Drying time before putting on the smoker
4DDBDBEB-3FFA-4271-8B5B-62A1B069DCB2.jpeg

Looks really good from my screen.

Point for sure.

Chris

That looks great. I've had recipes that call for tasso but I can't find it in my area. Guess I can make my own!

That looks great. I've had recipes that call for tasso but I can't find it in my area. Guess I can make my own!

Me too

I've looked through my Louisiana cook books and found a recipe for it. Looks like something I would really like. Plan on making some up in the future and giving it a try.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky