Tasso Ham, 2 ways

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poopypuss

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
Alburtis, PA
Last weekend's smoke was hot bacon (Habanero, Ghost, and Carolina Reaper pepper).

Next week's will be Tasso Ham, 2 ways.

1. Poli's recipe for Tasso Ham.

2. Poli's recipe for Tasso Ham, but with Habanero substituted for Cayenne.

Off for a 3 day rest.

I think #2 may be called Hiney Hurtin' Ham, or Asso Burnin' Tasso Ham.

More to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike5051
There's 5 lbs of Bearcarver's recipe dried beef nuzzled up with the ham in the fridge, but that's at least 2 weeks away.

Last weekend's smoke was hot bacon (Habanero, Ghost, and Carolina Reaper pepper).

Next week's will be Tasso Ham, 2 ways.

1. Poli's recipe for Tasso Ham.

2. Poli's recipe for Tasso Ham, but with Habanero substituted for Cayenne.

Off for a 3 day rest.

I think #2 may be called Hiney Hurtin' Ham, or Asso Burnin' Tasso Ham.

More to come.
roflmao.gif
That's funny I don't care who ya are!  

Mike

I'm in for this one!

LP calls for cure #2, but I think that was a typo, did you use #1 or #2?

Also, just curious, are you mad at your @55, you sure seem to mistreat it! :laugh1:

Here's the end result!

Smoked for 3 hrs at 200 using a combination of pecan and oak.

The beans simmered away.

I had to make my wife and daughter Voodoo Shrimp and cornbread. Although my daughter ate a big bowl of red beans before she had some shrimp.

I wanted to make Shrimp and Grits, but my wife isn't a fan of grits.

I used the traditional Tasso. The habanero Tasso is tasty, but the taste isn't the same as the traditional cayenne. It's going to be good in paella over the open fire at the campsite this Spring.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky