Taking the plunge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnnyp

Original poster
May 7, 2006
Hi all,

I'm taking the plunge into smoking. I want to try ribs, and a brisket. I just ordered my first smoker (EBC). I have a small family (wife and son at home), enjoy camping and the outdoors, and live in New Hampshire. Thanks for all the wonderful info on this forum!

Welcome Johnny, so glad you found SMF. This is a great place to learn. Check out the Beef and Pork forums to get lots of great tips on brisket and ribs. Also Jeff's Smoking e-course is a wonderful resource for the newbie, you might want to check that out as well.

Welcome to Smoking Meat Forums, JohnnyP. Which type of ECB to you have- Charcoal or electric? We have forums for those fuel sources as well as propane and wood.

There's a lot of fine knowledgeable folks here that can answer your questions and help get you on your way. All you got to do is ask.

I ordered the gas ECB...there is no power some of the places I want to use it, I can't lug charcoal, and there's already propane. Besides my mind wanders too far too fast to have to remember charcoal every hour :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky