• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Taking the plunge

johnnyp

Joined May 7, 2006
Hi all,

I'm taking the plunge into smoking. I want to try ribs, and a brisket. I just ordered my first smoker (EBC). I have a small family (wife and son at home), enjoy camping and the outdoors, and live in New Hampshire. Thanks for all the wonderful info on this forum!

jlloyd99

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 13, 2006
Welcome Johnny, so glad you found SMF. This is a great place to learn. Check out the Beef and Pork forums to get lots of great tips on brisket and ribs. Also Jeff's Smoking e-course is a wonderful resource for the newbie, you might want to check that out as well.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Welcome to Smoking Meat Forums, JohnnyP. Which type of ECB to you have- Charcoal or electric? We have forums for those fuel sources as well as propane and wood.

There's a lot of fine knowledgeable folks here that can answer your questions and help get you on your way. All you got to do is ask.

johnnyp

Joined May 7, 2006
I ordered the gas ECB...there is no power some of the places I want to use it, I can't lug charcoal, and there's already propane. Besides my mind wanders too far too fast to have to remember charcoal every hour :)

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.