Taco Tuesday Again...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...but was a day late last week. Things got in the way last Tuesday so our taco night came on Wednesday instead. I had some fresh fillets from a couple of redfish caught 2 days before and I have plenty of local shrimp I had bought back in September so fish and shrimp tacos it was for the usual cast of characters that gather here...

So here we go again...
Shrimp and redfish...
20221109_154909[1].jpg

20221109_160302[1].jpg

Seasoned up with a low salt blackened seasoning I make. Most commercially available ones have too much salt...
20221109_163227[1].jpg

Blackened on a 17" countertop electric Blackstone. My wife bought this thing last year and I'm not a big fan of it, but she loves it. One day I'll get an outdoor version...
20221109_181157[1].jpg

Fish is done...
20221109_180948[1].jpg

Made a sauce...
  • 1/3 cup Duke's mayo
  • 1/4 cup Mexican Crema
  • 1/4 cup Cotija cheese
  • 1 seeded & chopped jalapeno
  • Some chopped red onion
  • Zest and juice from 1 lime
  • 1 T chili powder
  • 1 t Ancho chili powder
  • 1/2 t cayenne pepper
  • 3 cloves of garlic chopped fine
  • Salt & pepper to taste
20221109_161210[1].jpg

All ingredients combined in a bowl and tasted for seasoning. I think it could've used a little more cayenne and/or Ancho chili powder, but we had kids eating it. I did add a little salt, but no pepper.
20221109_163307[1].jpg

Served with shredded red cabbage, tomatoes, pan fried corn, chopped jalapenos and a squeeze of fresh lime. Soft tortillas warmed on the Blackstone and it's time to eat. I had one each of the fish and shrimp. Can't really tell it, but there's fish on this one...
20221109_183621[1].jpg

Wow, I think I'd secretly have to expel a little gas to clear the room. Then I'd have all them takos to myself. Boy do those look fantastic Charles!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking tacos. I'd sit at the kids table for a couple of those.
Jim
Thank you, Jim. You'd be welcome here anytime as long as you can tolerate the "zoo" that gathers here...
Taco Tuesdays are THE best! Looks fantastic!
Thanks, kc...
Wow, I think I'd secretly have to expel a little gas to clear the room. Then I'd have all them takos to myself. Boy do those look fantastic Charles!!!

Point for sure
Chris
There's always plenty to go around, come and get you some anytime...

Jesus, you're ruining me Charles. Those look amazing as always but alas, they are off limits here. I'd jump off a cliff for a plateful of those buddy. Sadly though, Tracy cannot eat anything that swims. I envy you buddy.

Robert

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Jesus, you're ruining me Charles. Those look amazing as always but alas, they are off limits here. I'd jump off a cliff for a plateful of those buddy. Sadly though, Tracy cannot eat anything that swims. I envy you buddy.

Robert
Well Robert, when you jump off that cliff, land here and I'll fix you some...:emoji_laughing:

Great Taco's Charles! Redfish probably my favorite just hard to find around here. Love that sauce.
Thanks, Brian. Redfish are quite common in our coastal waters, but there is a slot limit. We can keep 2 fish between 15"-23". Problem is those slot fish are hard to find, most are over 23" with many being well over 30". I think the limit should be changed to allow 1 fish over 23"...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky