Syracuse Casing Co. ...Good stuff, but Pops has been saying that for some time.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
Central NY
I picked up some tubed 24-26 sheep casings from Syracuse casing a while back and finally tried them out today. 

Very nice product, very thin and clear, and I love the the fact that they come tubed. had 1 blow out in 5 pounds which was no doubt my fault and not the casings.
Just a heads up if anyone was interested, their prices are a little higher then B&P but I think the quality is better.

Syracuse Casing Co.

691259b3_IMG_0431.jpg

After I smoke them up and sample some tomorrow I'll post on the bite quality.

Well I just called them at Syracuse Casing Co.   on a Saturday. I got the guy that was doing the clean up. he was kind enough to answer ALL of my questions. We laughed a little and finally he asked me what I wanted to make. I told him and he told me I wouldn't need as much as they send out in their normal packages. They would custom make my order. Told me I could call back on Monday, or he could take my credit card order over the phone. RED FLAG!! I said, your the cleaning guy? He said, I'm also the President of this company. Well I had previously scoured the companies website and knew the name of the president. I said Peter Frey? He said, that's me. LOL. Well, Maybe I trust people too much, but I guess I will see. From everything I can find out these guys are about the best around. Wish me luck!

I've been looking for some sheep casings. I'll give them a try.........Thanks for the heads up dan.... they do look good..........

icon_cool.gif

Thanks for the heads up there Dan. I can get them at Gander Mtn just down the street. I have looked at sheep casings and it blew out. But then I haven't had this much experience before either. Maybe it's time to try them again. I do however what to make some of those Hot Dogs that you did with them.

Kool Sam.

After reading your first post about the cleaning guy I should have mentioned that this is what appears to be a Ma and Pop business in that it seems like just a few employees. But while waiting for my stuff I noticed rolls of labels that had the Hatfield brand on them, so they are no small time producers. Wish ya luck with the casings and looking forward to some Q-view

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky