Swordfish steaks and other recent griddle cooks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Tonight we did swordfish steaks (bought at Trader Joe's) on the griddle. Used the Camp Chef 32" nice 1.5" steaks, mine was blackened with Old Bay and a shaker I have called "death rain nitro", wife's is a simpler oil/lemon and dill. Next to it was onions soaked in avocado oil and Yoshidas teriyaki, purple asparagus, zucchini and shrooms.
sword2.jpg
sword1.jpg

The final plate
sword3.jpg

A past cook on the new 36" Blackstone in Pa we had some fun with a custom grind burger consisting of chuck/brisket/ribeye/red onion/smoked bacon and cheddar, they were awesome! Bacon, asparagus peppers and onions accompanied them on the Blackstone.
burger1.jpg

The Plated shot
burger2.jpg

Then Breakfast on the Blackstone...more bacon, sausage patties, hash browns and of course eggs....really goooooooood!
bkfast1.jpg

bkfast2.jpg

Both griddles are great but I have to say the Blackstone with the rear grease trap and better heat control blows away the Camp Chef. $297 from Walmart last month and it comes with the hard cover. These are so much fun and you can cook anything on them!

Wow! That is awesome, I just found my Christmas gift, thank you! Good looks incredible, thank you for posting!!!

Reactions: clifish
Wow! That is awesome, I just found my Christmas gift, thank you! Good looks incredible, thank you for posting!!!
Get the 36" nobody ever said "I should have bought a smaller grill/smoker/griddle" once you use it the possibilities are endless.

Reactions: bauchjw
Looks like some good eats for sure! And they are really nice to use... Santa just brought ours to us last week!

Ryan

Reactions: clifish and jcam222
Those swordfish steaks look incredible!
I haven’t had one in forever.
Gonna look the next time I’m at the store.
Al

Those swordfish steaks look incredible!
I haven’t had one in forever.
Gonna look the next time I’m at the store.
Al
Trader Joe's Tuna and Swordfish steaks are pretty good, not as good as the $25/lb Tuna I get from my regular seafood guy but at $5.99 - $7.99/lb they are still plenty good enough for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky