Switching cell phone providers.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
We have had Verizon for years and are thinking about switching to T Mobil to save a few bucks, quite a few really.

Have any of you done the same, and how do you like T Mobil?

Thank you.
Dan

We have had Verizon for years and are thinking about switching to T Mobil to save a few bucks, quite a few really.

Thank you.
Dan
I got thoroughly disgusted with verizon about 10 years ago. Poor service, hiking rates every time I turned around. Dead spots while on the road. Too many of them. Switched to T-Mobile and never looked back. Rates are great. If you are military. Active, reserve, retired, or discharged. You get special rates and perks.
You can get new or refurbed phones for dirt cheap. And make payments on them at zero interest if you wish. And if you do auto pay. You save a few more bucks.

Reactions: forktender
We switched over to T Mobile and have had zero issues with the service, and the cost is about half of what we were paying.

Thank you.
Dan
W'ere old, and switched to the Magenta plan. Two phones, unlimited. $70 ,tax tags and title. My company phone is AT&T. there's places I wander for work deep in the SE where my Tmobile out-performs AT&T. 55 and over only.

It may be depended on where you live as to how good the signals are.

When we retired I asked around because T-Mobile was less $$. Everyone said the cell signals sucked around here on T-Mobile. Most had switched back to Verizon ASAP.

We are on Verizon prepaid now and its cheap. after a few months its about 50-60 per line for unlimited everything.

I must be in minority here. We switched to T-Mobile from Verizon and had zero service in some rural areas so we switched to Sprint because I knew they had towers where I needed service. Well when T-Mobile completed the takeover of Sprint they shut the Sprint towers down and now I have zero service. Even in the metro area I work on a college campus I lose service inside some parts of the building I work in. Now I am looking to switch back to Verizon because i know they have service in the rural areas.

I left Verizon, and went to AT&T prepaid, several years ago. From what I see they have much better coverage than T-Mobile in my area and you can get down to $30 a month, before an auto-pay discount, depending on your data needs.

I was using Google Fi (T-mobile and Sprint) which ran $20-22 a month and it ran hreat. I moved 2 miles down the road and I had to go outside to talk on the phone plus sometimes took 3-4 tries to get a call to go thru. Which would kind of suck if you were calling 911. I switched to a Verizon pre-paid plan that with loyalty and paperless billing discounts is $25 a month.

I must be in minority here. We switched to T-Mobile from Verizon and had zero service in some rural areas so we switched to Sprint because I knew they had towers where I needed service. Well when T-Mobile completed the takeover of Sprint they shut the Sprint towers down and now I have zero service. Even in the metro area I work on a college campus I lose service inside some parts of the building I work in. Now I am looking to switch back to Verizon because i know they have service in the rural areas.
What area?

Went from Verizon to Straight Talk 4 yrs ago (Walmart) never an issue anywhere I have been. Cousin had it 2 yrs prior, no issues.

It may be depended on where you live as to how good the signals are.

When we retired I asked around because T-Mobile was less $$. Everyone said the cell signals sucked around here on T-Mobile. Most had switched back to Verizon ASAP.

We are on Verizon prepaid now and its cheap. after a few months its about 50-60 per line for unlimited everything.
Get that a lot around here too with people switching to Verizon because T-Mobile service is spotty in too many places.

I've been with t-mobile since our local provider left the analog business many years ago. Never a problem. Wife and I have EVERYTHING for $60.00 per month total.
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 3.26.34 PM.png

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky