Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings. Im sure getting better at this.

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by thailandphil, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Like you guys say no pictures it never happened. So I have pictures and a full belly to prove it did. Bought 2 dozen wings with tips cut off. Used brown sugar and paprika rub that I had left over from ribs. Coated them good and let them smoke for 1 ½ hrs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made mop with honey, Log Cabin maple syrup, and crushed Thai peppers bar-b-q sauce. Let them smoke for another hour, tested them and not the fall off the bone tender I wanted.

So put them in pan added little apple juice and fresh pineapple. Covered with foil and steamed in smoker without smoke for another 45 min or so. Uncovered, moped pineapple a little with bar-b-q sauce then back in heat for 30 min to firm up.

[​IMG]

Bet I pranced around patio for 10 min with chest all sticking out. Damn they were good.

[​IMG]  

Not to be outdone my wife (Lek) even made a cake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]  

After all that you can guess where I ended up.

[​IMG]

2. bbqdisc

bbqdisc Newbie

[​IMG]

3. bigbaddodge

bigbaddodge Fire Starter

Those look real good!!!

4. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Winner Winner Chicken Cake dinner - great job Phil 

5. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member

man those wings look great

6. Looks excellent.  The pineapple is a different touch but looks awesome!  I'm going to have to give this a whirl.

7. bluebombersfan

bluebombersfan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking wings!!  And a nice slab of cake for dessert!!!!

8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Everything looks delicious Phil!

9. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

These wings looks amazing .your wife is vary talented she is doing a cake and playing poker at the same time and she got the ace .[​IMG]

10. sam3

sam3 Smoking Fanatic

Great job Phil! Like that combination of flavors!

11. Didn't notice that. She cuts notches and uses to decorate cake. Good eye. No cards up the sleeve at your table.

12. pigeyex

pigeyex Fire Starter

AWESOME presentation, Phil!

Pigeye

13. harleysmoker

harleysmoker Smoking Fanatic

Looks really good! I never put pineapple on them before but gonna give it a try. I grill pineapple with a little cinnamon sometimes while grilling steaks.

14. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]

15. danmcg

danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

great looking wings and Cake Phil and Lek....going to try the wings sometime soon

16. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Sorry I missed this one phil....... Nice wings and the cake from the Mrs...... She did a nice job hanging it on the wall........[​IMG]

17. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

Looks good!:biggrin:

18. Missed this the first time...those look great and that's a really pretty cake!

19. ellymae

ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very nice!!!!

20. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looked great. If it weren't so dang far away , I'd slide-by and try some of those , by-golly....[​IMG]

Good job...