Swamp & Turf - early V day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It is a plot.

I was even tricked into cooking my own birthday dinner. "Want to buy a smoker? Go ahead. Need some tools? Fine with me."

Hook, line, and sinker.
Lol, truth. She knows when I ask for cooking tools she is the primary beneficiary. It works every time.

They are cunning creatures.

Hey all, last night during the game I was asked to cook our valentines dinner. This year was a bit different. The Swamp and Turf menu was garlic rubbed ribeye, frog legs in white wine cream sauce and mushroom risotto. I will post the recipe and pics below. Thanks for looking!

The garlic rubbed ribeye is pretty easy and how I do most of my steaks these days. I will crush several cloves of garlic and rub the steaks down then season with my favorite seasonings. Angelos steak pit seasoning from Panama city fla, and hard-core carnivore black. Then they hit a screaming hot acorn grill for 3 minutes per side. Rest for 10 minutes minimum to redistribute juices.

View attachment 525755
View attachment 525756

Next up is the white truffle and mushroom risotto. I'll show you my favorite brand and we usually get it at Publix. It is porcini mushroom based bit I added some sautéed shallots and garlic and a container of suitable, porcine, crimini, and oyster mushrooms into the mix. Add this to 5 cups of your choice of water or broth, cover and simmer for 18 mins. Let sit for 3 minutes then fluff the risotto and hit with some white truffle oil.

View attachment 525761
View attachment 525762

Next up is the Swamp component. LA frog legs in a white wine cream sauce. I made a simple dredge with some AP flour, old bay, salt, pepper and garlic. Dredged lightly then fried on 340 until they began lightly brown. For the sauce, I sautéed some shallots and garlic then declared the pan with white wine. I added a stick of butter and a cup of creme followed by the juice and zest of 1 lemon. I let this reduce until very slightly thickened. Once it thickened up slightly I added the fried frog legs and simmered them covered in the sauce for 5 minutes or so then garnished with some fresh cilantro.

View attachment 525763
View attachment 525765
View attachment 525767
View attachment 525768
View attachment 525769

My wife and all the kids devoured it. Yeah it was a day early but we do that with Christmas presents too. That's just how we roll. Thanks for looking.
I love frog legs, I have gone after them for years, but I have friends that are death on them.

Reactions: Ringer
All Looks Great, Ringer!!
It's been a few years since I had Frog Legs!!
They must be quiet lately.
Bear Jr has a nice pond behind his house, and he used to bring me some legs, every time the big boys started Mouthing off while he was trying to sleep!!
Hmmm---Gotta check with him!
Like.

Bear

All Looks Great, Ringer!!
It's been a few years since I had Frog Legs!!
They must be quiet lately.
Bear Jr has a nice pond behind his house, and he used to bring me some legs, every time the big boys started Mouthing off while he was trying to sleep!!
Hmmm---Gotta check with him!
Like.

Bear
Thanks man, frogs are definitely good eats! I hope to see you post some

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky