SV Tritip with Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normonster

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
deleted

Attachments

• 1 SV.JPG
    1 SV.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 211
  • 2 Seasoning.JPG
    2 Seasoning.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 3 Seasoned.JPG
    3 Seasoned.JPG
    286.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 4 triple seal.JPG
    4 triple seal.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 5 Sealed.JPG
    5 Sealed.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 6 sv at 130.JPG
    6 sv at 130.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 7 baccon fried ends.JPG
    7 baccon fried ends.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 8 baccon fried ends2.JPG
    8 baccon fried ends2.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 9 baccon fried ends 3.JPG
    9 baccon fried ends 3.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 10 searing section.JPG
    10 searing section.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 209
  • 11 Searing.JPG
    11 Searing.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 12 Corn.JPG
    12 Corn.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 13 done.JPG
    13 done.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Got the Pics now, and everything looks Great !! :)

Hard working Cute Little Helper you got there too!!

Nice Job! Like.

Bear

Looks great. The learning curve was a little steeper than I thought but I love my SV. Keep on cooking and teaching that little one.

Thank you Bearcarver Bearcarver oddegan oddegan and idahopz idahopz . I appreciate the views!

P PerazziMx14 That is a great thread! Thank you for pointing that out. My little one might not get it, but my 10 year old would just love how many times you said "cut the cheese". It would be worth trying it just to have her read the post. haha!! Love it...and actually might have to do it.

Also how funny, if I'm not mistaken ida idahopz and oddegan are both brewers like myself. The first thing I thought when the SV lit up was...MASH IN!

Reactions: oddegan
Well it sure looks good from here!
We are all learning the times & temps for SV.
Bear has done a lot of legwork on this, but I don't think he has done a tri-tip.
Al

Looks really good! Like! Almost didn’t see this post. Just happened to catch it under the Forums page which tends to disappear quickly. I know some of the Sous Vide folks will miss it since it is posted under “Beef” instead of Sous Vide. Really wish the Sous Vide page was easier for folks to see and find. Great little helper you have there and the Tri-tip looks great.

Weedeater

Looks great. I did my first SV tri-tip last week and it was very nice. Leftovers always make for great sandwiches.
sv_tri-tip.jpg

Well it sure looks good from here!
We are all learning the times & temps for SV.
Bear has done a lot of legwork on this, but I don't think he has done a tri-tip.
Al

You're right Al !!
No Tri Tips around SE PA.
I could probably get one from a Butcher, but we do 95% of our shopping at Giant & Weis---None there.:rolleyes:

Bear

Thank you SmokinAl SmokinAl , weedeater weedeater and bregent bregent !

weedeater weedeater I didn't realize there was an SV area. If any mod sees this and can move it, please do.

bregent bregent that is a fine looking steak. Maybe a little more rare than this old boy prefers. I see that you also use a lot less rub. That makes for finer pictures but I sure do love a little crunch on the surface. Can you contribute your time, temp and tenderness results? Did you go longer than 6 hours?

Looks really good! Like! Almost didn’t see this post. Just happened to catch it under the Forums page which tends to disappear quickly. I know some of the Sous Vide folks will miss it since it is posted under “Beef” instead of Sous Vide. Really wish the Sous Vide page was easier for folks to see and find. Great little helper you have there and the Tri-tip looks great.

Weedeater

Exactly!!
I've posted on the SV Forum quite a few times, but every time I do, I have to hunt for it under every rock (So to speak).

Bear

Wow guys that all looks amazing I have made it a few times but its really hard to find it around where I live
except recently I saw it at a store we have around called Meijer but it was pre seasoned with a coffee type marinade and was very expensive

Exactly!!
I've posted on the SV Forum quite a few times, but every time I do, I have to hunt for it under every rock (So to speak).

Bear
I could not tell someone how to find the Sous Vide section if my life depended on it. I have just learned to find it myself by going past Jeff’s section and it is the next line in a sub-forum (I think). If this site can have a forum devoted to “Beer and Ale” and a whole Section on “Home Gardening” I don’t see why “Sous Vide” can’t have a forum that you can actually see and find. Rant Over and I apologize to ”Normonster” for hijacking his thread. It really was a good looking meal.

Weedeater

Nomaster, your Tri Tip looks great but 6hrs! That seems like a loooong time for Tri Tip. I will rub, then smoke for about 1.5 hrs then SV for 2hrs and sear. Turns out great. Can also freeze after the smoke and finish later.

Nomaster, your Tri Tip looks great but 6hrs! That seems like a loooong time for Tri Tip. I will rub, then smoke for about 1.5 hrs then SV for 2hrs and sear. Turns out great. Can also freeze after the smoke and finish later.

Smoke it, then seal it up to SV?

I'm going with more like 15 hours on the next tritip. I want that bad boy fork tender. :) 6 hours wasn't enough to achieve that tenderness but it was still plenty moist. I think that is really the deal..the balance between tenderness and dryness.

I have a nice chucky in a bag waiting its turn now though....so that is next.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky