SV/CI Lengua Tacos!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow! That is killer! I grew up with it on sandwiches, but I don’t know if I can get my kids to try tongue, I think your way they would actually do it! That is awesome, perfect tacos!

Thanks Jed! My daughter was a bit apprehensive, but we have a rule in the house that you can’t say you don’t like it unless you’ve tried it! LOL. Once she tried it, her taco vanished and was asking if there was more! 😂
Sure appreciate ya dropping a line and the like!

Reactions: bauchjw
Everything looks killer right on down to the salsa! Seconds? Heck, I’d be going for thirds!

Fabulous looking tacos Justin!

Appreciate very much the kind words and like Joe! This was one tasty meal!

Nice work on all of it . That salsa really caught my eye though .
I'll second making the corn tortillas .
Thanks for posting .

Appreciate that! The salsa was definitely a hit with the fam and easy to make!

My next endeavor is to make some homemade tortillas!

You bet, thank you for dropping a line and the like!

That looks fantastic!
I haven’t had tongue in years, but I will look for one the next time I’m at the store. As you said it would be a great change-up.
Al

Thanks for dropping a line and the like Al! This was a nice change up from the same ol stuff! Tongue made some very tasty tacos!

My next endeavor is to make some homemade tortillas!
You won't be sorry . They come out really great on flavor . Getting the moisture right can be hit or miss for me .
Here's a tip though . Get a tortilla warmer or use a pyrex dish with a towel to hold them after cooking . Makes all the difference . I guess they rehydrate or something .

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
OMG---I'm jealous!!
I haven't had Tongue in years.
If I do I'd be eating alone!
Oh Well, I can come here & look at yours, Justin.
Like.

Bear

Thanks for the kind words buddy! We don’t have this kind of stuff often, so it’s a treat when we do! Appreciate ya dropping a line and the like!

Justin, you nailed that for sure! Both the salsa and the tacos! Way to change things up!
More tacos with other half of tongue? Or have other ideas?

Ryan

Sorry for the late reply buddy! Appreciate the kind words and like! We had one more round of tacos, I sliced some up for a snack with some Ritz and pepper jack… then had just enough left for a sammy!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Holy cow tounge!!!... Those came out great Justin!!. All the flavors I like too!.. Im gonna have to give the salsa a try soon! You've been eatting good over there!!

Travis, thanks man…. Was a fun and tasty cook! I’d definitely recommend that salsa, was easy to make and very tasty! Heck, just let RyderD2013 RyderD2013 make it and you can sit back and enjoy! 😎

Reactions: Sowsage
Beautiful Justin!! Excellent job and the SV patience paid off. I've never had tongue before and with Tracy around it isn't likely I'll get to cook it unfortunately. If however I was at your house and you put a meal like that in front of me everybody best look out!! I'm going for broke so stay out of my way :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Robert, thanks buddy…. Though these are not for everyone, we did enjoy! BTW, there would always be a spot at the table for you my friend! Bring Tracy, we will make some shredded beef or chicken as well! Appreciate the like!

Beautiful and oh so legit with the lengua and homemade salsa verde! Pics are great too.

Thank you Jeff, it was tasty! I sure do appreciate your comment, coming from you it means a lot! I have always appreciated the detail and pics of your threads!

Reactions: jcam222
A runnin' ton of fine work there Justin, I'd be all over that! Wife on the other hand, uh, nope, never happen. RAY

Thanks for the kind words and like Ray, much appreciated! I know it’s not a meal for everyone, but we enjoyed it! You’d always be welcome and your other half too… we can make some shredded beef or chicken!

Justin, Excellent meal, Salsa Verde looks incredible and I like the SV method for the tongue !

CM, I appreciate that! SV definitely worked good for this and that salsa was easy and very tasty! Thank you for the like as well my friend!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky