SV chucky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks! No offense taken, I'm still very new to the sv game. I wanted to see if I could get something that was close to the slow cooker method but with a better taste and texture. I debated on trying a lower temp and will probably do it that way next time. It is just different from the pot roast that we are used too. Now that I've got the flavors down, I'll probably ly sear the next one and use the exact method that you described. I'm sure the family will enjoy it.
That is awesome, beats turning the oven on when it is already 85° in the house and way more control then the crockpot that won't even try to tell you the temperature. Will use this idea for sure.

Reactions: Ringer
Great post and very good info on higher and lower temps.

Looks really delicious. Very nice work.

Thanks Sven! Much appreciated sir. I'm still a sv newbie so I call this one a success.
I have only done the 2 day or longer bear method but have had nothing but compliments from it. I will definitely try your seasoning, though may stay on the longer time frame. just out of habit. I also never have leftovers from those meals. Far too many requests for "samples".

Thanks, I really wanted to try the brar method, I just couldn't commit to the time aspect. I will one day though.
Looks good from here. Nice and juicy.
I've only used Bear's method, but it's good to have options.
Point.
Thanks for the point! I'll try his method one day.

That chuck looks fantastic . Nice work bud .

Everything you said in post #7 is spot on . The strength of SV is the precision of the temp settings and even heating of the water . All kinds of higher heat uses and recipes .
Good to see 180 and a shorter time works for pot roast .
I normally use 164 for chuck pot roast , but will give 180 a try . I use 132 for the rib roast / steak outcome .

Better than bullion is good stuff , but I've been doing the soup mix so long that's my go to . Lipton onion mushroom or savory herb is my go to now .

Another good add to the bag is a pack of dry ranch seasoning and some salad peppers . Season like you did above , then add the ranch and peppers . I like some rosemary too .
View attachment 633498

Again , nice work and good to see you got it going your way .

Thanks Chop! I like that mississippi recipe too with the ranch and peppers. That's yet another recipe I need to try sv. I'm going to try the lower temp rib roast way as well. Soany options...

Not an SV'er here, but it sure looks and sounds good.

Point for sure
Chrs
Thanks for the point Chris, the only thing that would have made it better is a beer pole...

Yeah I have a 14yo pit that I have given up trying to fill.
The roast looks great. Y'all are killing me with the SV cooks your posting. Got me leaning further into getting one!
Jim

Thanks Jim, check out any of the anova units at Costco or Amazon. I love mine and it came as a kit.

That is awesome, beats turning the oven on when it is already 85° in the house and way more control then the crockpot that won't even try to tell you the temperature. Will use this idea for sure.
Thanks man! Post up some pics when you do it. The better than bullion is a must. Also one detail I completely forgot is that the roast was rock solid frozen when I put it in the bath.

Looks fantastic, Ringer. Sounds like sous vide at 180F gets you a pot roast like finish, but intensely flavored since there's no added liquid? Gonna have to give that a try. Next level pot roast sounds wonderful.

Looks fantastic, Ringer. Sounds like sous vide at 180F gets you a pot roast like finish, but intensely flavored since there's no added liquid? Gonna have to give that a try. Next level pot roast sounds wonderful.
Thanks sir! Yes that's pretty much it. No liquid added, 180 degrees, 1 pack of onion soup mix, 1 large tablespoon of better than bullion beef flavor, 4 cloves of garlic. Mine went for 24 hours but I'd bet you could get by with alot less. Intense beefy flavor.

Also one detail I completely forgot is that the roast was rock solid frozen when I put it in the bath.
Nothing wrong really cooking from frozen, but SV really shines here. You can pre-season and vacuum seal meals and freeze. Then into the water bath when needed. Makes life simple.

Reactions: Ringer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky