SV chicken noodle soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JJS

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Hersey, MI
Yesterday am the little lady informed me that she wanted chicken noodle soup this weekend, Being a good husband I said yes dear. I have been making chicken noodle soup soup for years and figured I would try something different this time.
I started with a 5.5# whole chicken, added onion, celery, tsp better than bullion chicken, CBP, minced garlic and a few small jalapeños into a vac seal bag. Put the Inkbird SV on 160 for 12hrs and went to bed.
I have had the Inkbird SV for a bit now and am still in the learning phase of this little fella, a few things I learned from this cook: I should have broke the chicken down before vac sealing because the cavity holds enough air the damn thing will float, SV is an awesome way to make chicken stock!

I will finish assembling this soup and update when done.
Thanks for looking
615A06DF-F3E6-44C7-A8E1-700EFDDB73EA.jpeg
6AE6AA9A-E054-4D1C-B76C-FB237C3380BF.jpeg
83B112F7-F168-4F38-8A9D-95E8D65DFEA1.jpeg
2AA53F3D-375F-469F-B9D1-C6D6A4957163.jpeg

Looks real good so far. I bet the smell was amazing when you cut open that bag! Looking forward to seeing the finished soup.

Reactions: JJS
Looks dang good, can also imagine the aroma. Waiting with my bowl and spoon for the dinner bell!

Ryan

Reactions: JJS
Well the soup is done, smells awesome!!
Used some Amish made egg noodles that we get from a local Amish lady, in the past I made my own (and do on occasion) but these are way better than store bought so we use them often.
and then the little lady said she wanted dumplings too.... yes dear!! Dumplings will be done in a bit, I’ll add another pic when they are finished.
8CF15B5F-B459-4739-A3C8-61DC8A1BFD41.jpeg

The weird part (to me anyway) is the carrots and celery still have a bit of a bite to them, I figured they would be completely mush

The weird part (to me anyway) is the carrots and celery still have a bit of a bite to them, I figured they would be completely mush
Well that's what I was watching for , because SV temp for carrots and such is 180 ish . I like them on the soft side myself . I bet that had fantastic flavor . I was wanting to do green beans and onions with the hock and some chicken stock .
Bud , that looks awesome . Keep going back to the finished pic . Nice work .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky