• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SV bags for large cuts?

smoke83340

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 14, 2012
Hi Gang,
what kind of bag do you use for a large cut? I may do a brisket, that won't fit into a gallon ziploc. Suggestions appreciated. I do not have a vacuum sealer.
Thanks,
Adam
Wilsonville, OR

Inscrutable

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
I have 2.5 gal ziploc bags. But will still be too short for longer cuts like packer or rack of ribs without dividing.

mike243

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Sounds like a good chance to try new rubs and tactics, separate the point and flat mark the bags with what you put on keep track of time vs weight, I smoked 1 for 6 hours then SV for another 6 , worked out great imo.

jcoleman66

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 3, 2020
You could use a large non-reactive container covered with a lid or press-n-seal.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
If you have a Vac sealer like the VacMaster pro380 you can get 15” rolls and make whatever length you need.

When I do corned beef I’ll separate the flat and point and put them in 2 gallon Vac pack bags to cure.
Lisa at Vacuum Sealers Unlimited can get you set up with everything you need.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
If you have a Vac sealer like the VacMaster pro380 you can get 15” rolls and make whatever length you need.
thats right where my mind went as well. the vac seal bags in a roll are great!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.