SV bags for large cuts?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke83340

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
Wilsonville, OR
Hi Gang,
what kind of bag do you use for a large cut? I may do a brisket, that won't fit into a gallon ziploc. Suggestions appreciated. I do not have a vacuum sealer.
Thanks,
Adam
Wilsonville, OR

I have 2.5 gal ziploc bags. But will still be too short for longer cuts like packer or rack of ribs without dividing.

Sounds like a good chance to try new rubs and tactics, separate the point and flat mark the bags with what you put on keep track of time vs weight, I smoked 1 for 6 hours then SV for another 6 , worked out great imo.

If you have a Vac sealer like the VacMaster pro380 you can get 15” rolls and make whatever length you need.

When I do corned beef I’ll separate the flat and point and put them in 2 gallon Vac pack bags to cure.
Lisa at Vacuum Sealers Unlimited can get you set up with everything you need.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky