• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

S-met

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
Nor Cal
The last meal in my kitchen before redecorating for Christmas dinner. Wife loves all the fancy setup and decor, but I'm happy with the simple and understated setup. I like letting my food be the decor. Bright colors and the attractive display of our sushi party (2 guests, wife and I). Overkill, nah, we enjoy every minute! What's life if you don't live it.

Kuramoto oysters on the half, wasabi greens and unfiltered sake as an appetizer.
20190629_155238-jpg.jpg
Assorted rolls
Sashimi: ono, bluefin, yellowfin, albacore, king salmon
Squid salad, octopus salad, seaweed salad and picked ginger.
Miso soup
Pepperfin with albacore and ono
Not pictured, spicy tuna though it is in some of the rolls.
Dessert, mango mochi (purchased)
20190629_173118-jpg.jpg

Good lord! That is one fine looking meal! Your presentation is beautiful. Makes me want to get some sushi on the way home.

Reactions: S-met
Wow does that look good!!! My daughter and her husband just took a tripe to Japan(supposedly to watch a couple rugby games) but the only photos we got were of food. 99.9% sushi.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow! Really nice. Slices of Sashimi look perfect. Why didn't you show the centers of at least half of each roll. I bet they are pretty too...JJ

Beautiful plates! Did you pickle your own ginger?
No. Its so cheap and available at local shops. Same for the octopus, squid and seaweed salads.
Oh, my.... This is one fantastic looking dish!!!! BIG like! I wish I had something like that but unfortunately there is no way I can get any really fresh fish in my area...
Frozen actually works better and is usually more "fresh." Easier to slice thinly too.
Wow! Really nice. Slices of Sashimi look perfect. Why didn't you show the centers of at least half of each roll. I bet they are pretty too...JJ
Great idea, maybe next time. But they probably look better whole. My rolling skills are lacking.

Wow!
What a delicious looking meal!
I sure wish I had access to sushi grade fish like that!
Very nicely done!
Al

Unbelievable spread there, that’s impressively executed and I’ll bet the cost of that was nothing to scoff at. If someone invited me to dinner and laid that out in front of me I’d be speechless.

Did you make the salads and cut radish etc. or buy some of that stuff pre made?

Unbelievable spread there, that’s impressively executed and I’ll bet the cost of that was nothing to scoff at. If someone invited me to dinner and laid that out in front of me I’d be speechless.

Did you make the salads and cut radish etc. or buy some of that stuff pre made?
Cost was nothing to scoff at for sure. But sometimes you just need splurge.

Squid, octopus, seaweed and pickled ginger was pre-made. There are several great Asian markets about 45 min from me. Oto's market in particular has a great fish counter. They checked each oyster before bagging for sale.

We shredded the daikon ourselves, used one of the wavy y-peeler (https://www.templeofthai.com/cookware/cutters-peelers-graters/papaya-salad-peeler-kiwi)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky