Surf & Surf. (With Bacon)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Surf & Surf. (With Bacon)

Flounder & Scallops wrapped in Bacon sounds almost as Awesome as it tastes.

Last time I had Flounder was when I opened this 3 pound pack, and ate the first half.
These are the Thinnest Flounder Fillets I’ve ever seen.

So this time I’ll make the other half, but in the Frying Pan, with just some Northwoods Seasoning—No breading.
These skinny fillets were much better this way, and adding the Scallops wrapped in Bacon was a real added Bonus!

And that last Pic is just Mrs Bear’s second batch of “Meltaways”, mostly to give away.

Thanks for Stopping By!

Bear

Some Flounder Fillets, with some Northwoods Seasoning on them, going in the Fridge overnight:
IMG_6360.jpeg

Fresh out of Fridge & ready for Pan:
IMG_6367.jpeg

Into the Pan with Bubbling Butter:
IMG_6368.jpeg

Flipped to second side, getting white:
IMG_6369.jpeg

Had to remove these to get the rest in the Pan:
IMG_6370.jpeg

Bear's Supper---Flounder Fillets & Scallops Wrapped in Bacon: (Happy Bear)
IMG_6371.jpeg

An Extra Batch of Mrs Bear's Meltaways, for Gifts:
IMG_6372.jpeg

I love it all, we didn't do any Meltaway's this year Funny you posted this I was thinking about Fish !!

Gary

Looks delicious Bear! The fish, the scallops, and the melt aways! Made 3 batches this year, and everyone that tried them, loved them!

Ryan

Nice looking plate looks like enough to share and you didn't call me. DANG
Some times I just put paprika on filets for a great flavor as you did the Northwoods seasoning.

Warren

Beautiful looking plate there John, and I'm betting you didn't leave the table still hungry, nice job! RAY

I love it all, we didn't do any Meltaway's this year Funny you posted this I was thinking about Fish !!

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
I'm always thinking about Fish!!
I'd love to eat it more often!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks delicious Bear! The fish, the scallops, and the melt aways! Made 3 batches this year, and everyone that tried them, loved them!

Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
Yup--I haven't seen anyone "not like" them. A couple changed it to Dark Chocolate, but nobody actually disliked them.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice looking plate looks like enough to share and you didn't call me. DANG
Some times I just put paprika on filets for a great flavor as you did the Northwoods seasoning.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Hmm, I never tried just Paprika. I'll have to try that.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Very nice Bear and a delicious looking plate! It’s hard to beat those scallops wrapped in bacon! I sure could go for some surf and surf.

Beautiful looking plate there John, and I'm betting you didn't leave the table still hungry, nice job! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
LOL---Actually I had to save some of the Fish. I couldn't eat it all in one sitting.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice eats . I like fish cooked that way .

Thank You Rich!!
Yup, I especially like doing thin fillets this way, because they get done so fast.

When I have big thick fillets, I like to bread them & AirFry them, so the inside gets done before the outside get too well done.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Very nice Bear and a delicious looking plate! It’s hard to beat those scallops wrapped in bacon! I sure could go for some surf and surf.

Thank You Xray!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky