Surf and Turf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening fellas and non fellas. Getting some pretty bad weather here in tennessee. Snow, ice, freezing cold. Today's my birthday so wasn't gonna let the weather hold me back from a good meal. Started off with a 3lb Tri Tip with Jeff's Texas rub.
IMG_20210215_172958.jpg

Due to weather I went with the pellet smoker. 225 using pecan.
IMG_20210215_173142.jpg

Took about an 100min to get to 120° then opened the sear flame
IMG_20210215_185742.jpg

Pulled at 133 and let it rest for 10min. Went a tad past medium rare but that's okay. Wife made us a couple lobster tails using butter, garlic, parsley, lemon, paprika
IMG_20210215_192629.jpg

Tri tip sliced
IMG_20210215_192553.jpg

And my plate
IMG_20210215_193038.jpg

Was a pretty tasty meal on a cold day. Thanks for looking and stay warm
IMG_20210212_110545.jpg

Happy birthday my brother!! Oh, and the meal looks pretty darned good also. Nice job Jake. Ya gotta love a good tri tip when perfectly cooked and it appears that yours was.

Robert

Happy birthday my brother!! Oh, and the meal looks pretty darned good also. Nice job Jake. Ya gotta love a good tri tip when perfectly cooked and it appears that yours was.

Robert
Thanks Robert I appreciate it. The tomahawks you sent me were originally on the menu but it's so damn cold I couldn't keep a close enough eye on something as spectacular as that without freezing. Tri tip hit the spot though

Excellent meal, Love TT and Lobster Tails are my personal favorite. Happy Birthday! Stay safe in this crazy weather.

Happy birthday jake. They both look good. Way to keep that Q going even in the weather. I know I can’t wait for spring. How is Jeff’s rub on the tritip? Did you use the original or Texas rub?

Awesome looking meal Jake! And happy birthday! Sucks the weather you're having but that fireplace sure does look inviting! Just hard to beat a good wood fire!

Ryan

Looks like an awesome meal Jake and hope you had a good Birthday.

4:30 in the morning and my mouth is watering. Looks like you enjoyed a great meal. Belated Happy Birthday. Stay safe...

A meal worthy of a Celebration. If you do celebrate. At the big 50, I discovered I can't drink like I did for 30 and 40. And the Presents I would like are increasingly Expensive so I get fewer if any...JJ

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky