Superbowl Smoking Plans??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

McCann519

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 23, 2017
Ontario, Canada
With superbowl quickly approaching, I am just wondering what everybody's plans are for smoking up some delicious food for the game :)

I am going over to a friends house to get together with the guys in my fantasy football league. We always do a potluck for Superbowl Sunday. Since some of the guys signed up to bring some items I was thinking of making (pulled pork, ABTs etc.) I had to come up with something different. Also, since this is my first party since getting the smoker, I knew I wanted to smoke whatever I was going to bring.

I started looking at the forum for ideas and found myself going through recipes on Smoking-Meat.com. I decided to combine two recipes into one with a little bit of a twist.

By combining the two recipes below, and adding some ground venison to the mix, I give you the almighty "Jalapeno Cheddar Moink-ison Balls"

http://www.smoking-meat.com/july-14-2016-cheese-stuffed-jalapeno-meatballs

http://www.smoking-meat.com/august-24-2017-bacon-wrapped-meatballs-moink-balls

I am going to combine some ground beef with ground venison, and make the cream cheese stuffed, jalapeno cheddar meatballs, wrapped in a piece of bacon and smoked accordingly. I will also likely add some BBQ sauce to at least half of the balls for the last half hour or so. Im excited to see how they turn out and am wondering what everybody else has planned.

Happy Smoking!!

I'm on the same boat as the sarge. I try not to bring political stuff into this forum as that's not what its for but this is one i will bring. Everyone has their own opinion and I'm fine with that.

Now on the important part food! I'll probably be at church anyway but i feel like wings are the go to food for a FB game, that or even some good buffalo chicken dip, maybe smoked meatballs. But I'll definitely have to try your "Jalapeno Cheddar Moink-ison Balls" ... makes my mouth water thinking about it!

Man those sound awesome, be sure to post pics! :)

Babybacks for me sir!

Reactions: McCann519
I quit watching when kapernick kneeled, but honestly we used the super bowl as a family gathering with good games, food and laughter, we will still do that but no football on tv. Menu here is baby backs, moinks and assorted side dishes and barley based sparkling beverages LOL...........roll tide

Not looking for politics just wondering what everybody is firing up on the smoker this weekend, whether watching or not. Sounds like most of you have some pretty solid items on the menu. I will be sure to post some pics of the process and let you know how they turn out. Hope everybody has a good weekend and gets to fire something up on the smoker!!

Well those jalapeno cheddar monik-ison sounds great, I am looking into that now.....
As for the sunday game, my plans were changed yesterday afternoon, We will be in our meat / hunting shack and butchering a couple beef we have hanging Sunday and Monday. So I think we will be doing some prep work and pre making a couple meals this week now.

Sit, Stand, Kneel, Lay Down, I don't care.
Just don't spit on it, wipe your feet on it, burn it in anger, or wear it.

Those are all why we fought for her.

As for the Food, We'll be eating Philadelphia Cheesesteaks, while watching Our Underdog Eagles winning their 3rd in a row.

Bear

As for the Food, We'll be eating Philadelphia Cheesesteaks, while watching Our Underdog Eagles winning their 3rd in a row.

Bear

Wow Bear, that sounds like the perfect meal to eat while cheering on the Eagles!!Good Luck, Ill be rooting for the eagles to upset those damn Patriots lol... Even though Im a Cowboys fan, Id much rather see the Eagles win their first SB than watch Brady get his 6th ring... Enjoy the game and the good eats with family/friends!

I'll be smoking a brisket point early Sunday, but just for 2-3 hours to lay down some smoke, then it will be cubed to make homemade chili. The chili will simmer for at least 3-4 hours.

I'd love the Eagles to play the best game of their lives for all four quarters and win. Almost anyone can play a strong first half. It's that second half that shows the metal of the mind and the drive to win. The biggest mistake teams make is going into the locker room after the first half, whether winning or losing, thinking the outcome of the game is already decided.

Most likely won't watch it, can't stand either team. But, I will be cooking something, still trying to decide, I was thinking wings and leg quarters or pulled pork, maybe both or just see what's looking good at the market. Definitely be doing some Gin & Tonics.

I'll be smoking a brisket point early Sunday, but just for 2-3 hours to lay down some smoke, then it will be cubed to make homemade chili. The chili will simmer for at least 3-4 hours.

I'd love the Eagles to play the best game of their lives for all four quarters and win. Almost anyone can play a strong first half. It's that second half that shows the metal of the mind and the drive to win. The biggest mistake teams make is going into the locker room after the first half, whether winning or losing, thinking the outcome of the game is already decided.

Eagles played all 4 quarters in the Championship game 2 weeks ago, except for when they took the Back-up QB out & put the 3rd stringer in, because his arm was getting tired from all those TD passes. 38 to 7---Ouch!

Bear

Got this bacon to smoke
IMG_20180201_195454.jpg

No super bowl for us...
It's PUPPY BOWL TIME.
Got a 9 pound butt, a 5 pound brisket flat, a 3+1/2 pound chuck and a 4+ pound chuck roast experimental pastrami (I make pastrami all the time just never from chuck) all going in my smokers about 10:00 pm tonight for a low slow over nighter...
The brisket will get sliced and steamed for cheese steak (brisket) hoagies,
The pastrami I'll slice and steam for kraut, pastrami with swiss cheese sammies...the pork will be pulled (of course) and the chuck I'll make burnt ends...
Oh...and I'm throwing 6 pounds of cheeses in my cabinet to cold smoke too...the cheese if for a later date though.
Walt.

Bear

Bear
Well said bear...I agree, protest all.you want, just don't desecrate our flag.
As far as the sammies go...thats exactly our idea...I'm smoking a flat for hogies

Last night we had sous vide Eye of Round with horseradish/bleu cheese sauce, baked potato & salad. The leftover will be sliced thin and will become Philly cheese steak sammies for the Superbowl. For this weekend I am an Eagles fan.

LOL---The Puppy Bowl is Great !!
We watched it the last 3 years, and the Kitty Bowl too!!!

Bear

Last night we had sous vide Eye of Round with horseradish/bleu cheese sauce, baked potato & salad. The leftover will be sliced thin and will become Philly cheese steak sammies for the Superbowl. For this weekend I am an Eagles fan.

I'm glad to hear that, Braz !!
And That Eye Round SV is Awesome!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky