Superbowl Smoking Plans??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am going to season up the "other 1/2" of the Boston Butt (4.1 pounds) and have some nice pulled pork and slaw for the Superbowl commercials - don't care much about the game either. Since it is only two of us at home, I typically smoke half and shrink-wrap and freeze the other half of a Boston Butt.

The Jim Beam bottle is strictly for scale ;-)

IMG_2855.jpg

Reactions: McCann519
Since I suspect there are some other smokers in the neighborhood, I'll try to catch a whiff during the day tomorrow. I don't have anything planned but I may play around at smoke-cooking some sliced jowl bacon I have.

LOL---The Puppy Bowl is Great !!
We watched it the last 3 years, and the Kitty Bowl too!!!

Bear
Definitely rooting for the Eagles though...and the brisket flat made us some great cheese "steak" sammies...had a BIG pot luck for the puppy bowl as a warm up...WOOHOO GO EAGLES....what a play to end the half...

Now THAT was a thoroughly enjoyable game. I was root'n for the underdogs. My wife was pulling for the Pats. Made for a fun and interesting day around the TV. It's almost midnight Pacific time and my belly is still too stuffed to be comfortable. My brisket chili turned out fantastic........according to my wife. I was a bit nose blind so I'll get a better feel for the flavor tomorrow.

Winner and loser aside, that was an entertaining game with non-stop action.

IMG_7315.JPG
IMG_7314.JPG
IMG_7319.JPG
IMG_7317.JPG
3 New York steaks. Smoker at 175 195 until meat got too 126. Keep the fire small. Oak and apple 50/50. Very smokey. Can't wait to get home after work and try some again

Reactions: ksblazer
The game was great last night.
Looks like the city of Philly is smoking a bit :D

Now THAT was a thoroughly enjoyable game. I was root'n for the underdogs. My wife was pulling for the Pats. Made for a fun and interesting day around the TV. It's almost midnight Pacific time and my belly is still too stuffed to be comfortable. My brisket chili turned out fantastic........according to my wife. I was a bit nose blind so I'll get a better feel for the flavor tomorrow.

Winner and loser aside, that was an entertaining game with non-stop action.

Yes it was an Awesome Game, even more so if You're 69 years old, and have been waiting 58 years for your beloved Eagles to win another NFL Championship game.

Bear

I agree guys!! Was an awesome game and sounds like a lot of ppl had some awesome Q to go with it. We had a big pot luck with a lot of different foods, but my Moinkison Balls were the only item smoked. They were a huge hit!! Everybody loved them and they disappeared quick!! I would defintely recommend combining these two recipes, with or without the venison they will be delicious!!

Here is the finished results - One finished smoking, another finished cooking with some BBQ sauce added.
20180204_150114.jpg 20180204_152914.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky