Super Sunday Smoked Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
Ready for Super Sunday here in Colorado. Go Bucs! Beat those Chiefs!

2 slabs of Baby Back Ribs
2 slabs of St. Louis Style Ribs

(Memphis Dust will be the rub and hickory wood for smoke flavor).

Dry brining for 24 hours with a light kosher salt rub and covered in plastic.

A fridge full of beer and Dr. Pepper. A batch of fudge brownies.

Tomorrow I’ll also serve baked beans. My guests are bringing sides as well (cole slaw and potato salad). 5 adults and 3 kiddos coming.

The fire gets lit at 10:15 am. Ribs go on the smoker at 10:30 am MST SHARP!!!

Depending on wind direction I may have to put the smoker in the garage again and crack the garage door 1/4 of the way open. They’re calling for 16-20 mph winds with gusts to 30 mph tomorrow. Ugh.

BBC35F5E-54A4-4F85-B9C1-6B0C3C2D7DF7.jpeg
B072D066-5E89-4689-B62C-9495C7242543.jpeg
16101ED9-94BA-4E2B-A9C3-60313E9ECC51.jpeg
E034A2B0-B81F-41EB-B943-2F6CC79468D5.jpeg
91AC0A25-0D4D-4EBB-952C-DEF005F4854F.jpeg
1A07AA79-BFE9-4615-8D27-2539FC596C08.jpeg

Lmao! Not even getting into who's gonna win tomorrow... but proud of ya, think you have your ribs figured out, or otherwise you wouldn't be smoking them for the big game! Looking forward to finished pics! Getting some bacon ready now to be cold smoked tomorrow (no not for the game) but it's gonna be cold for sure!
Go Chiefs! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

• Love
Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
Lmao! Not even getting into who's gonna win tomorrow... but proud of ya, think you have your ribs figured out, or otherwise you wouldn't be smoking them for the big game! Looking forward to finished pics! Getting some bacon ready now to be cold smoked tomorrow (no not for the game) but it's gonna be cold for sure!
Go Chiefs! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

now that I know what I’m doing it all became more streamlined and simplified. Follow the process. Don’t deviate. Don’t get cute. Execute.

The oven is the backup if the fire goes haywire 3-4 hours into it. Not a big deal. First 3-4 hrs get the bark nice and perfect and get that smoke flavor in and the collagen to start breaking down. The heat does the rest so it can finish in the smoker or in the oven and it doesn’t matter.

Hittin’ a grand slam again tomorrow. Just like 2 weeks ago. Nothing to it. 😁

Either way doesn't really matter to me, just hope its a good and close game! And they all stand and be respectful when our national anthem is sung! Our veterans deserve that!

Ryan

Yeah, I really don't care who wins, but I'll root for my hometown team either way.
In fact, I doubt we will even watch the game.
You're right. When it comes to the national anthem, everyone had better be standing on deck to show respect.

The fire is staged and ready to be lit in an hour.

I am using the fuse/snake method to ensure longevity of my burn. Avoidance of fire issues is a must today.

4C648F17-9EA8-43DD-8D8F-6D99EDCC8D9E.jpeg
F01CEC59-BD5F-4ADB-956D-BA1747A3806C.jpeg
73C01B40-01F9-4A66-A6AC-A06390774391.jpeg

Looking great so far. Sounds like a great spread. Finishing up with the brownies is a great call. I’m thinking peanut butter brownies might be just the thing to finish up my brisket centered spread. Thanks for the inspiration.
G

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky