Super Bowl Menu

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
So I’m looking for suggestions for my gameday smoke. I already have a brisket that I will be making for the big game. Can I get some suggestions for things to go with it? One thing that is highly likely will be my wife’s homemade mac n cheese. I’m eager to get this planned. Looking forward to a great cook and hopefully a great game.

G

For snacks/appetizers: I'd go with the stuffed shrimp and bacon wrapped onion rings recipe highlighted on the home page of the Forum.
Main Course Serving Idea: Grill some pita type breads (think gyro here), slice them, stuff with NYC Dirty Water (Push Cart Style) Onion in (tomato) Sauce and add your brisket to serve as a handheld meal for game time.
Side: The Mrs. M&C and some kosher or polish style pickles or peppers for a contrast flavor.
Here is a link to the recipe I like for the Sauce: https://sassytownhouseliving.com/copycat-sabrett-pushcart-style-onions/ Have fun at game time. And keep in mind, the game outcome is nothing compared to the great meal you are providing! 🍺

Reactions: SmokeyLee15
Shrimp is good. 2 pounds of frozen, shelled, and de-veined raw shrimp. Thawed, rinsed, and dried with a paper towel and into a foil pan. One sprig of fresh rosemary. Half pound of salted butter. 6 cloves of diced garlic, a liberal sprinkling of Savory, and a lot of grated Parmesan cheese. On the grill or smoker @ 275 degrees for 20 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink. Which ever comes first. Very few things that I smoke that I don't throw a foil pan of this shrimp in the smoker with it.

Serving this on cooked linguine with it is pretty good also.

csTdl09l.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB05615
So pig shots definitely got my attention. I made this once and recall how great they were. Can I get a few suggestions for your favorite versions? I have lots of smoked sausage already and believe I even have the bacon. I just need to decide what to stuff them with. Keep the suggestions coming. I'm loving everything so far.

G

I will be smoking Moinks. bacon wrapped meatballs that I sprinkle with rub and glaze with bbq sauce. We will have a smattering of stuff but haven't decided on the rest yet. Link to previous cook of Moinks below.

I will be smoking Moinks. bacon wrapped meatballs that I sprinkle with rub and glaze with bbq sauce. We will have a smattering of stuff but haven't decided on the rest yet. Link to previous cook of Moinks below.

I hope you served this early on before the game. After eating the plate you put out, I'd be joining the pup as well for that afternoon food crash?! 🍻

Will prob just be me, Lesa, and Bryce.......Thinking a slab of ribs, a small butt to smoke for PP, baked beans, and tater salad.
Jim

Reactions: MJB05615
Waiting to hear if our Son and Daughter in Law are coming for the big game. Definitely gonna do Ribs and Shrimp. Shrimp Cocktail and Fried Shrimp. Ribs , gonna look to see if there's a KC rib recipe that my Wife will eat, she's a little picky, lol. Side haven't decided yet.

You all have some great ideas. It’s just me and Kenna so I can’t get too crazy with tons of food but those moinks are sounding awesome right now. Maybe I could do those on some different day. Cream cheese and jalapeño stuffed chicken thighs could be another good option for variety but I’m just not sure yet. You guys are totally psyching me up for this cook.

G

So pig shots definitely got my attention. I made this once and recall how great they were. Can I get a few suggestions for your favorite versions? I have lots of smoked sausage already and believe I even have the bacon. I just need to decide what to stuff them with. Keep the suggestions coming. I'm loving everything so far.

G
I typically do the following: half and half cream cheese to either cheddar or 4 cheese mexican blend (not seasoned). I probably actually do more shredded cheee than cream cheese. Add in some diced jalapeño and some rib rub. Using thick cut bacon will make it much easier to wrap and stuff. I just use a decent kielbasa for the sausage. Even if you don't want them hot, I'd add a bit of jalapeño unless people are really intolerant and then I'm simply add jalapeño to some. I've made with and without at the same time and the with wins among my friends by a mile ;) Pretty much like Jeff's recipe but I use less cream cheese in my ratio.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky