Sunny SW Fl says hi!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

drifter955

Original poster
May 27, 2017
SWFlorida
So, I am new to the Group although I've been reading a bit and getting advice! I've been dabbling in grilling for some time but never serious until I decided to buy a Weber genesis 2 when my old char-broil rusted out.......I know, should have done that a long time ago.

I started reading and researching and am coming along in my grilling, but a few weeks ago I stumbled into a great buy on a Weber Smokey Mtn cooker (looks like it had been lost in the wareshouse for awhile), anyway got the14" NIB for $49 and had to try it. Needless to say, I loved my first ract of St. Louis ribs and so did my wife, decided I needed a bigger cooker to cook for friends and gatherings.

Have smoked 4 times since mid April now and tried a brisket flat today, couldn't quite get it where I wanted (although I started it at 5am, it wasn't quite to 195-205 (up to 180ish by 4:30, so I had to pull it to feed group, was able to wrap it and cooler it for about half hour while finishing a few other things). but it was a hit with my guests. I'll keep practicing, until then some Qvue of my ribs, a fatty, some chicken legs I've done and my brisket I did today are attached (I hope).

Drifter

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky