Sunday Smoke ABT's Chix Pops & Pizza Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nptwnsmkr

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Indy
Since the Colts aren't playing today I had some additional time on my hands. The original plan was wings, ABTs and a pizza fatty. The freezer yielded no wings but had some legs. I won't get into too much detail on the Lollipops because I posted my Lollipop smoke a few weeks ago. The temps are falling here so I pick a few of the last jalapeño's for the ABT's, they were pretty small. The fattie is 1 1/4# of 80/20 with two hot Italian sausages casing removed mixed in. I stuffed it with diced gp, onion, cheese, pepperoni, cheese covered in a bacon weave. Everything went on the WSM with kbb, apple and cherry chunks at around 250. The ABT's and Lollipops went on first and after 1 1/2hrs the ABT's were pulled. Another 30 min and the lollipops got a coat of Franks Wing sauce. The fattie went on for 2 1/2 hrs, wrapped in in pizza dough and brushed with garlic butter, marinara on the slices.

Thanks for looking!

drool.gif
 It all looks good. Nice weave on the fatty.

Happy smoken.

David

I really like how you wrapped it in dough and (I'm guessing) baked it after that.  Just goes to show again how versatile the Fatties can be. 

Nice.

I absolutely think that is one of the best looking fatties I've seen! I have got to make one of those. Thank you for sharing. The abt's and pops look might tasty also.

I really like how you wrapped it in dough and (I'm guessing) baked it after that.  Just goes to show again how versatile the Fatties can be. 

Nice.
Thanks Rob and yes I baked it at 400 for about 15mins. I cant take credit for the dough idea, saw it here for a philly fattie.

drool.gif
 It all looks good. Nice weave on the fatty.

Happy smoken.

David
Thanks David!
I absolutely think that is one of the best looking fatties I've seen! I have got to make one of those. Thank you for sharing. The abt's and pops look might tasty also.
Thanks Brooksy-I dont know if its the best but I ain't going to argue with you! LOL

Love the fatty in the pizza dough Paul, gonna try this on my pizza stone for sure next time!!
Chad-I preheated the stone before I put the fattie on it, seemed to work just fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky