Sunday Redneck Breakfast (With Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks everybody for the kind words. I just have not taken the time to thank all of you individually and I gotta run here in a few minutes.

Insofar as the amount of gravy, I did put more on. Just kept it minimal for picture taking. I didn't want the plate all slopped up...which is exactly what happened after I took the picture. I'm a gray junkie!!

Looks like a fabulous breakfast!! Have you posted a recipe for your salsa? We make a lot of homemade salsas over here and I would love to try yours if you've got a recipe already written down.

Mariko!! Nice to see you again darlin'. It's always a pleasure to see your smiling face :emoji_wink:

As a matter of fact, I do have it written down now that I have gotten it perfected. If you (or anybody else) would like to see a step-by-step just let me know. I have pics...of course :emoji_laughing: Here ya go, finally

10 Roma tomatoes halved
2/3 cup onion
5 serrano peppers coarsely chopped
3 T minced garlic
1 ½ t lime juice
1 ¼ t kosher salt
1 ½ t chili powder
1 ½ t guajillo pepper
1/2 t arbol pepper
5 green onions coarsely chopped

Grill, smoke**, or broil tomatoes and onions till lightly charred and skins on tomatoes start to blister and darken.

Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and pulse till veggies are chopped and well incorporated

**Gives the best flavor by far

This is REALLY good!!
Robert

Thanks everybody for the kind words. I just have not taken the time to thank all of you individually and I gotta run here in a few minutes.

Insofar as the amount of gravy, I did put more on. Just kept it minimal for picture taking. I didn't want the plate all slopped up...which is exactly what happened after I took the picture. I'm a gray junkie!!

Mariko!! Nice to see you again darlin'. It's always a pleasure to see your smiling face :emoji_wink:

As a matter of fact, I do have it written down now that I have gotten it perfected. If you (or anybody else) would like to see a step-by-step just let me know. I have pics...of course :emoji_laughing: Here ya go, finally

10 Roma tomatoes halved
2/3 cup onion
5 serrano peppers coarsely chopped
3 T minced garlic
1 ½ t lime juice
1 ¼ t kosher salt
1 ½ t chili powder
1 ½ t guajillo pepper
1/2 t arbol pepper
5 green onions coarsely chopped

Grill, smoke**, or broil tomatoes and onions till lightly charred and skins on tomatoes start to blister and darken.

Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and pulse till veggies are chopped and well incorporated

**Gives the best flavor by far

This is REALLY good!!
Robert
Thank you so much!!! I've heard tomatoes on the smoker are phenomenal so I'm excited to try this. I will definitely report back when I make it. Looks like a straight forward process but I really don't think anyone would complain if you eventually post photos of this!

Looks like a straight forward process but I really don't think anyone would complain if you eventually post photos of this!

Well I went and did it. Salsa step-by-step posted just for you my dear :emoji_wink: Here ya go

Give it a shot. It's really good!!
Robert

• Love
Reactions: Omnivore
TXS, I'll be down for breakfast this weekend ! :)

Come on down!! I'll make sure there's enough to go around. May have to do two packs of bacon but that's not a problem. The door is open so just come on in.

Rolling out the welcome mat,
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky