Sunday Pancakes With Bacon Jam (A Few Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Recently there has been a resurgence in interest in bacon jam that I first saw posted a few months ago by our good friend Steve Steve H Steve H . That resurgence came by way of a thread a few days ago by Sowsage Sowsage when he posted these monster brisket burgers covered with the bacon jam. I made my first batch of the stuff literally minutes after seeing the post by Steve and have made several batches since then. It it SOOOO good!! I had big visions of making a really nice breakfast this morning but Tracy came along and changed my vision for me in a hurry. She wanted pancakes and homemade maple & brown sugar bacon. Oh well...gotta keep her happy, especially being that I'm considering another cooker purchase :emoji_wink:

Got the pancakes in the electric skillet
001.jpg

Flipped. At this point I decide I want to elevate these somehow....and then came the idea of bacon jam
002.jpg

Done and plated. Tracy said this is beautiful and worthy of pics. Little did she know....
004.jpg

Here's the real money shot. IMHO, this is drool worthy!!
005.jpg

Obviously I put some butter on each pancake along with the bacon jam. Then I drizzled a bit of maple syrup on the top only just to offset the acidity a little bit . This was really good!! Next time I make pancakes Tracy asked that I heat up more of the bacon jam so she can have some on hers. Never in my wildest dreams did I think she'd ever ask for that, but it's flattering to say the least. I'd certainly say these were "elevated" pancakes!!

Oh well, that's a wrap!!
Robert

Damn Robert, that looks phenomenal! I may need a new keyboard after seeing this... have a serious case of the watering mouth! Nice cook my friend!

Reactions: mushroomboots
Next time use that CI you got and I bet it will be epic!
Another trick to take it over the top would be some of DanMcG DanMcG ’s homemade maple syrup. Dang is it good!

Last edited:
Damn Robert, that looks phenomenal! I may need a new keyboard after seeing this... have a serious case of the watering mouth! Nice cook my friend!

Thanks so much Justin. It kinda hit me like a ton of bricks to put the jam on the pancakes and I wondered why I'd never thought about it before. Oh well, better late than never I guess. Appreciate the kind words.

Robert

Next time use that CI you got and I bet it will be epic!

Believe me I'd love to do that. Problem is that the largest CI cooking device I have is a 12" skillet. I'd only be able to get two or three decent sized pancakes in it. Giving serious consideration to getting either a CI griddle for the grill or a stand-alone propane unit.

Another trick to take it over the top would be some of DanMcG DanMcG DanMcG DanMcG ’s homemade maple syrup. Dang is it good

I may look into that at some point so thank you for the recommendation. At present I am overloaded with world class maple syrup from Christmas exchanges with a bunch of people. At present I'm going through a large jug that I received from our good friend chef jimmyj chef jimmyj It is absolutely amazing!! By far the best maple syrup I've ever had. Right behind that one I have two more jugs of syrup and about 5 jars of gourmet honey :emoji_wink: This was an exceptional season of gift exchanges for certain!!

Thanks Peachy!!
Robert

Oh crap! That looks incredible!! I never thought of doing that with the jam. Now I really need to do this. Really nice job!

Boy howdy does that ever look yummy Robert, Like! I haven't made pancakes in maybe 25-30 years, waffles a few times, I'm more of a French toast kind of guy. Bacon jam is on my to-do list for this week, got derailed yesterday and today just being plain lazy. RAY

Oh crap! That looks incredible!! I never thought of doing that with the jam. Now I really need to do this. Really nice job!

Thanks Steve!! I know you love doing stuff that's a bit unconventional and off-the-wall. I had a feeling this may get your attention. It is yet another incredible use of your bacon jam. Up to this point, if ever you have created a legacy for yourself in this forum, the bacon jam is it!!

Robert

Reactions: Steve H
Hey why wouldn't it work on french toast too sawhorseray?
A fantastic breakfast there for keeping the Ms happy and you getting you jam. Awesome

Warren

Awesome looking breakfast Robert! I'll try to get bacon jam towards the top of things to do list. Like you said...been alot of great posts using it.

Ryan

I haven't made pancakes in maybe 25-30 years, waffles a few times, I'm more of a French toast kind of guy.

Ray...when you get down to brass tacks, there isn't a whole lot of difference between a pancake, waffle, or French toast. That stuff would go well on any or all of them.

Robert

Robert, that looks dang good! Now I know what I'm making next sunday morning for the family! Man that jam is good stuff!

Hey why wouldn't it work on french toast too sawhorseray?
A fantastic breakfast there for keeping the Ms happy and you getting you jam. Awesome

It sure would work!! Thanks for the kind words Warren. Appreciate it.

Robert

Dang, That looks Fantastic!!!
That would blow my diet though!
Nice Job, Robert!

Thanks so much Bear!! A diet is nothing but an unofficial rule....and we all know that rules are made to be broken. Go for it!! But only as a once-in-a-while special treat of course.

Robert

Awesome looking breakfast Robert! I'll try to get bacon jam towards the top of things to do list. Like you said...been alot of great posts using it.

Very much appreciate it Ryan. And yes, there have been a number of great posts using the jam. There will probably be a lot more coming. this stuff is just too good!!

Robert

Robert, that looks dang good! Now I know what I'm making next sunday morning for the family! Man that jam is good stuff!

Yes, that jam is good stuff!! Hopefully you'll enjoy this breakfast as much as I did...and next time it will be "we" as opposed to "I". Just remember though....you are the one who started this all over again :emoji_laughing: I'm just following the lead that you and Steve set for us.

Robert

Reactions: Sowsage
Gorgeous plate Robert! It all looks delicious, i like that cut away picture of the pancakes!

I’m gonna have to give the homemade stuff a shot, didn’t care for the jarred stuff.

Like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky