Sunday, May 16 is National BBQ Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang are those CPB ribs from the freezer? They look like they were fed out nice. Too bad only 2 Tri tip come from a beef. Your guest are lucky to dine on CPB aka Certified Peachey Beef.
Thanks FB those short ribs were awesome. I grabbed the tritip at the store this morning first I’ve seen it here.

Chicken and beef short ribs to celebrate National BBQ Day.

" and 2 chickens that have been brining overnight in my pale ale brine. "

pale ale brine???

that sounds interesting. do tell more!

Its an overnight brine with a large bottle of pale ale replacing a quart of water. Kosher salt, brown sugar, black pepper, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, fresh garlic, bay leaves, paprika and onion flakes.

20210516_102009_resized.jpg 20210516_102014_resized.jpg 20210516_132454_resized.jpg 20210516_132627_resized.jpg 20210516_150923_resized.jpg 20210516_171922_resized.jpg

Reactions: daspyknows
It all looks awesome Peachey wish I was there eating that good stuff with ya

Reactions: smokin peachey
and - why is this not on included with the national holidays on the electronic calendars! I missed it entirely and had a non BBQ meal...

That’s a lot of meat!! I’m sure the guests were happy. I didn’t know it was bbq day so looks like my cook was a day early.

Sorry but my local butcher doesn’t cut out the tritip and he can’t do pork ribs or boneless chicken thighs from a steer.
Sounds like ya need another butcher..... :emoji_laughing:
And I wouldnt turn down a plate of your tore bought meat! Looks darn good.
Jim

Just saw this and I've already posted in another thread, but Sunday I rode to Knoxville, TN to retrieve my new offset stick burner from TMG Pits.

Food all looks fantastic and soon I'll be joining in the celebration of National BBQ Day, albeit a few days late :emoji_wink:....

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky