Sunday Football Ribs (Q VIEW)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pittman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Holmdel, New Jersey
I'm still fairly new at smoking, with only a few months under my belt, but either way, I love smoking.  Here are my ribs from Football Sunday this week.  I smoked about 9 & 1/2 pounds of baby backs.  I purchased the racks from costco, and they were great looking, and the membrane was already removed, so it was a win for me!  Hope you enjoy the qview, my fam loved them!

Jeff's Rub, No Salt                                                                       9 & 1/2 lbs of baby backs. Costco rules!

(I put it through a coffee grinder to make it real smooth)

Yellow mustard on each slab, then heavy on the rub.                     Wrap the slabs in plastic wrap, and in the fridge over night.

(I take salt, and then sprinkle it over each slab

once it becomes like a paste)

On the right is a slab after 3 hours in the smoker with Hickory dust.  I then wrapped all the slabs in foil (Left side of pic) and a few "glugs" of my home brew.

Another pic of the wrapped ribs and brew. Back in the smoker for 3 more hours at 220deg. (I used the 3-3-1 method with these baby backs because they were very meaty.)

Pulled the ribs from the foil wraps, and added a doctored up Jeff's BBQ sauce

Back in the smoker for the last hour, mopped again half way through.

Pulled from the smoker, and ready to eat!

My favorite rack.

They were juicy and meaty!

To finish it off, my wife made a football cake.  This was gone real quick!

Not sure what I like better... Sunday football, or Sunday football food!!  H

Hope you enjoy!

You did a great job on those BB's

You're the first person I've seen do a 3-3-1 on BB's and them not fall apart.

They look awesome 
drool.gif

Looks like a good sunday. As long as your team won. :grilling_smilie:

A few people have said the 3-3-1 makes them too soft, but I dont have that problem? My problem is that they are not fall off enough if I do them 3-2-1.  I think it's because they are real meaty baby backs.  Thanks everyone! 

I fed about 9 people and a few kids.  We had Lasagna and meatballs too, but the ribs went over everything.  Was a good Sunday. Im glad the ribs came out good, I always worry when I make a lot of food..."Hope the ribs turn out ok" is what I said to myself all morning!  haha! I lucked out!

Thanks again all.

Last edited:
Ribs look Awesome!

I finish them up on the grill for about 10 minutes on low, just to dry up the outside.

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky