Sunday Chuckie on the Spinner, Hot & Fast!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
Short and sweet.
This took practically no time at all.
Take a 4-1/2 lb. chuck roast. Apply Meat Church Holy Voodoo rub. Spin at 400° (+/-) with a chunk of pecan for a little smoke. About 45 minutes to an hour later, it's done!
20220522_163819.jpg
20220522_165007.jpg
20220522_173609.jpg
20220522_182614.jpg

Juicy and tender!
I am really loving this Holy Voodoo rub. Just the right amount of salt, heat, and sweet! I don't usually gush about commercial rubs, but if I could use only one for the rest of my life, this would be it.

Last edited:
That is one good looking chuckie!
I never spun one, but will do the next one that way!
Nicely done!
Al

Wow that looks great! How was the texture of the meat? Looks like you tried to slice it and it just fell apart. My kind of meal as well!

Wow that looks great! How was the texture of the meat? Looks like you tried to slice it and it just fell apart. My kind of meal as well!
Hi, texture was fine. The "falling apart" look was more the fault of a dull knife failing to slice cleanly through the bark in some places. I've got to dedicate some time to sharpening soon.

Hi, texture was fine. The "falling apart" look was more the fault of a dull knife failing to slice cleanly through the bark in some places. I've got to dedicate some time to sharpening soon.

No disrespect. I meant falling apart as a good thing! Sorry, after I read what I had typed it kind of sounded like a dickhead comment when I meant it as a compliment. Looks great and added to my "try" list that is ever growing.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That looks really, really good. I'm loving the concept of doing it on the rotisserie. A totally different take on a chuckie.

Robert

No disrespect. I meant falling apart as a good thing! Sorry, after I read what I had typed it kind of sounded like a dickhead comment when I meant it as a compliment. Looks great and added to my "try" list that is ever growing.
None taken. It's all good.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Yeah, I liked the visual, too. Most of the fat rendered and the spinning gave it that "glazed" look.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Definitely love the color you got on that chuckie, it's beautiful! Great looking meal!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky