Sunday Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
ok, trimmed and ready for an early start. these were smaller than I thought...but its all good. there are just two of us here and I like finishing before happy hour which I think should not be an issue.

I removed the fat cap and did some clean up. these were bout $10 each and about 7lb's on the sticker...but I think they were off in my favor by about a pound. trimmed they weighed in about 11lb combined. I rubbed with a combo of Sweet Money and Yardbird - my favs on everything pork. first time with both. Ill be up about 0600 to start the party. I'll get some pics up as it starts to get interesting.

Here is the prepped pic
IMG_7272.jpg

We are off to a good start - coffee alarm went off at 0600, fed the dogs, got a cup and started things up about 0615. this is only an hour in. the little snack bites should be tasty chef treats.
IMG_7278.jpg

oh yes and I did add the finishing sauce which took it over the top! I forgot which member more senior than me once asked - you did add the finishing sauce right? I was like uhhh no :( Now I know - that make it complete! I just cant buy a pulled pork sami anywhere because they dont measure up. The Germantown Commissary is pretty damn good, but I still like mine better. The wife just wont have anything but mine and that goes real far!

Take care my friends!

I just cant buy a pulled pork sami anywhere because they dont measure up. The Germantown Commissary is pretty damn good, but I still like mine better. The wife just wont have anything but mine and that goes real far!

Take care my friends!
I live here in the Memphis area. BBQ places on every corner. I agree with you about the Germantown Commissary. Theirs is good. But I like mine better. I will try sammichs at other places. But it just dont measure up.
Jim

Reactions: sandyut
the final take was 5.75 lbs of finished pulled pork. which is about what I expected. the Kroger near me is not the biggest in town and they dont always have a lot to choose from. I wanted to about he same size to keep is easier, just about all i saw were about 7-8 lbs....should bought 3. oh well, I am sure I'll be smokin more when we run out.

Looks perfect from my screen. Very nice looking PP.

Point for sure
Chris

Which finishing sauce recipe did you use? I normally just use my pepper vinegar, but I have to make up some butts for a party in a few weeks and need something a little milder than my pepper vinegar.

Thank you.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky