Sunday Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin monkey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sutton In Ashfield, UK
Wanted to to a Beef Brisket, so we had some for Sunday Dinner, and also wanted to make Beef Brisket Chilli for Monady Dinner.

Injected 2.3 Kg Brisket with Beef Stock. Rubbed with GMG Beef Rub.

Cooked @ 105'C for four hours then brushed with Stubbs BBQ Sauce and foiled.

Cooked until IT was 92'C. About 8 Hours in total.

Removed from pit and wrapped n a towel, and left for 1 hour, before slicing some for Dinner.

Fired up the Tandoor while I was waiting, and did some Chicken Tikka, for Monday lunch.

Back to The Smokin Monkey Cook Book http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/253497/the-smokin-monkey-cook-book

Last edited:
That looks amazing! I bet it was wonderful :)
That tandoor is pretty cool. I think that would be pretty fun to cook with.

Aww that keg tandoor is pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing the build link. How hot does the exterior of the keg get with the insulation you added?

I've got permission to build a small smokehouse here at my new house. (Living on a farm now) I'm a bit worried about using gas though so ive been kicking the idea around of either using a hibachi to produce the smoke and heat or something along those lines. It gets really really windy here so having the gas flames get blown out scare me. That keg might be a winner instead.

It gets hot, not sure how hot, not used it for over a year. Built it and took it to the UK SMF weekend and cooked Pizza in it.

Good looking brisket Steve. Was this done the same way as the one you used for the Chilli at the meet?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky