Sunday Bacon Benedict

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
I wanted to make Eggs Benedict for awhile now but I ran out of my Canadian bacon a couple weeks back so it was time to improvise. Thawed out my last pair of English muffins, halved them, and covered three halves with a thick slice of cheddar, set 'em aside for later
DSCN1823.JPG

In the meantime I fried up three super-thick slices of my maple bacon, limber, and put a pot of water with some ACV for egg poaching
DSCN1824.JPG

Once the bacon was done I halved the strips and applied them to the muffins, then dropped the eggs
DSCN1826.JPG

Things start moving fast here so there's no camera time. Got four eggs poached, while that was going on I gave the bacon-topped muffins a 45 second ride in the micro to melt that cheddar and get the bacon sizzling, then tossed on the eggs
DSCN1827.JPG

Of course you gotta have Hollandaise sauce, I always use Knorr's and add a little lemon right at the end.
DSCN1828.JPG

I guess I'll have to wait a few months for the weather to cool again before I can cure another batch of CB to smoke, seems I'll be able to suffer thru it. I mopped up all that goodness left on the plate with that half muffin I saved, I am stuffed and happy. Thanks for lookin' in! RAY

Looks good Ray! I too would skip lunch, unless it comes in a glass with ice. I was wondering where that other piece of muffin went to...way to plan ahead!

Ryan

Reactions: sawhorseray
Now that’s a breakfast I can get behind

Thanks CPC but I gotta tell, your much better off getting in front of it! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Wow, that looks excellent. I bet tasted like it too.

I was pretty darned happy WR, and thanks for the LIke, I do appreciate it. RAY

That looks great Ray.

Thanks for the kind words and the Like Jim, much appreciated! RAY

Looks good Ray! I too would skip lunch, unless it comes in a glass with ice. I was wondering where that other piece of muffin went to...way to plan ahead! Ryan

Heck Ryan, have a burger for lunch on one of those beautiful buns you made! Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Great looking breakfast Ray!! Honestly I’d likely prefer t with the maple bacon over Canadian bacon.

I like it any way it comes out as long as the poached eggs are a little runny, thanks for the Like! RAY

Excellent !!! More Awesome Bear-Bait !!
I'd have to eat that slowly, to make it last---MMMMmmm........Like. Bear

I used to make these for my mama on Sundays John, the melted cheddar or Jack cheese was her contribution, she'd purr like a kitten. Thanks for the Like Bear, much appreciated. RAY

Wow Ray....that looks nothing short of amazing sir. I love Eggs Benedict and like you, use the Knorr. Something to try also with it since you like asparagus. Try frying and crumbling some bacon, sprinkle the bacon over asparagus, cover with the Hollandaise sauce, and grill or bake till the asparagus is to the tenderness you like. that is REALLY good and makes a nice side dish. For now though, I'm all in with your breakfast!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky