Summer Sausage Question??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

naterdump

Original poster
Jan 29, 2013
Kansas
Hi guys!! I ground up some venison summer and pork for summer sausage with 70% venison 30% pork. I used the correct amount of cure #1 in the mix. I stuffed it right after mixing it up and placed it in the refridgerator. Was planning on smoking next day, but unexpected things came up, and haven't got it smoked yet... How many days will it be okay in the fridge before smoking.?? Any help would be great!!

As long as there is cure #1 in there it’s good for quite a while, I’m not exactly sure on this but I would think a week or so would be fine. chef jimmyj chef jimmyj would be able to give you a correct answer. If he doesn’t see this, then just PM him.
Al

As long as there is cure #1 in there it’s good for quite a while, I’m not exactly sure on this but I would think a week or so would be fine. chef jimmyj chef jimmyj would be able to give you a correct answer. If he doesn’t see this, then just PM him.
Al
Thanks for the quick reply!! I stuffed them Sunday night, and I am hoping to smoke them after work tomorrow (so about 5 days). Sounds like I should hopefully be in the clear!! I'll see if anyone say any different, but thanks again!!!

Yep, AL got your back. 5 days is no issue...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky