• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Summer Sausage Question??

naterdump

Joined Jan 29, 2013
Hi guys!! I ground up some venison summer and pork for summer sausage with 70% venison 30% pork. I used the correct amount of cure #1 in the mix. I stuffed it right after mixing it up and placed it in the refridgerator. Was planning on smoking next day, but unexpected things came up, and haven't got it smoked yet... How many days will it be okay in the fridge before smoking.?? Any help would be great!!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
As long as there is cure #1 in there it’s good for quite a while, I’m not exactly sure on this but I would think a week or so would be fine. chef jimmyj chef jimmyj would be able to give you a correct answer. If he doesn’t see this, then just PM him.
Al

naterdump

Joined Jan 29, 2013
As long as there is cure #1 in there it’s good for quite a while, I’m not exactly sure on this but I would think a week or so would be fine. chef jimmyj chef jimmyj would be able to give you a correct answer. If he doesn’t see this, then just PM him.
Al
Thanks for the quick reply!! I stuffed them Sunday night, and I am hoping to smoke them after work tomorrow (so about 5 days). Sounds like I should hopefully be in the clear!! I'll see if anyone say any different, but thanks again!!!

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
I am hoping to smoke them after work tomorrow (so about 5 days). Sounds like I should hopefully be in the clear!!
Al has you steered in the right direction. You'll be fine. Smoke and enjoy.

Robert

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Yep, AL got your back. 5 days is no issue...JJ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.