SUMMER HARVEST DINNER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Brother that catfish is MONEY!! Big like! I love good catfish. Out of clean water I find it to be very mild sweet fish.

Reactions: zwiller
This is a very nice looking meal. I used to have catfish a lot when I lived in Arkansas. Which I caught myself. Haven't had it in many years. But, with all these threads on it. I might risk buying some frozen fillets and trying it.

Brother that catfish is MONEY!! Big like! I love good catfish. Out of clean water I find it to be very mild sweet fish.
Thanks jcam! And your right its a very mild fish. One of our favorites!
This is a very nice looking meal. I used to have catfish a lot when I lived in Arkansas. Which I caught myself. Haven't had it in many years. But, with all these threads on it. I might risk buying some frozen fillets and trying it.
Thanks Steve! Frozen would be fine but check Wal-Mart where they have the non frozen fish. Ive seen catfish in that section before. Looked to be pretty nice ones. And you dont have to buy a big bag of them that way.

Reactions: Steve H
Ok let's talk more Ohio boys. Sowsage Sowsage jcam222 jcam222 Sandusky Bay cats? Yea/nay. I plan to at least try some, bleed a few, and experiment. I think the locals still remember the Bay when it was real bad...

Ok let's talk more Ohio boys. Sowsage Sowsage jcam222 jcam222 Sandusky Bay cats? Yea/nay. I plan to at least try some, bleed a few, and experiment. I think the locals still remember the Bay when it was real bad...
I can say in the last 4-5 years ive caught plenty of channel cats out of Erie while walleye fishing. But usually up around the islands. All have been good clean fish.

This is true. Especially with tilapia...check the source for sure!

They have a cat fish they call Swahi from Vietnam. Not sure if I seen it some where here on the forum or just where but only catfish raised in the USA can carry the label catfish all others have to be under a different name such as Swahi then say catfish.

Warren

Last edited:
Good info Warren! Mom loves swai but does not eat local catfish unless smoked... This could be interesting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky