Summer Beer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was a kid swiping one from the garage refrigerator then! NW Ohio at that time. I’ll have to see what I can find on that.

Just tried a watermelon ale from a brewery locally. Holy crap, summer in a glass. Surprisingly good. No pics of that but a couple crowlers I'm enjoying right now.

Attachments

• 20210724_153939.jpg
    20210724_153939.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210724_170236.jpg
    20210724_170236.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210724_170240.jpg
    20210724_170240.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Bear... I wish I could get Yuengling here. Rumor has it I might be able to buy then end of the year but I load up the trunk everytime we head east to visit the wife's family. Once I get back everyone wants to come over and enjoy some. Makes for a great time to smoke something. I also love some Genny beers.
Ha, I had heard of Yuengling beer, but never saw any here in the PNW. For years, I thought it was a Chinese beer like Tsingtao.

I am blessed here with more small breweries than I can shake a stick at. Other than Red Hook or Elysian who have wide distribution, you've probably never heard of most of them.
Some are in my neighborhood, probably 20 more just a few minutes drive away. Some can or bottle (especially during the COVID lockdown), but for many I can just go fill a growler or two. Citra hopped beer and NE IPAs are also very big during the summer here.

I departed the PNW 20 years ago and the large amount of local area and regional breweries was astounding. Granted some of them were pretty bad.
PNW innovated the growler.

I departed the PNW 20 years ago and the large amount of local area and regional breweries was astounding. Granted some of them were pretty bad.
PNW innovated the growler.
I'm of a mind that unless it's being run by an experienced brewer (and a lot of them are amateur startups), there is about a 2 year learning curve for nano breweries. In other words, if they survive for 2 years, odds are that what they put out after that point will be decent and drinkable.

Reactions: PPG1
This is one of my favorite local places. Everything you see in the video is literally done in his garage.

Reactions: bdawg
i'm not much for lager's. so when Sam's puts out there summer ale i grab em.. its a citrus wheat.. and goes down nice

I don’t drink it, but what about those Budweiser frogs with Luey and Frank the lizards? That was pretty good stuff.

Mostly 805 Cerveza and Michelob Ultra. Michelob Ultra is my favorite light beer.

I approach beer like food, always something different.
Unfortunately the IPA trend, the sours, anything with fruit forward taste is on my yuck list, and that is what is being made mostly now.
For cutting grass, gardening, slaughtering rabbits, chickens, and ducks it’s usually Pabst or Keystone light.
Yuengling, Fat tire, (though they have priced themselves out of my buying habits now)
Dry stouts like Guinness, milk stouts, lagers, pilsners, dark ales, are my go to styles.
Anything locally made has me trying their lineups.
Approach it like food and you will enjoy the variety more.
I didn’t even bring up the local small winery’s or Distillery options to try!

I've noticed a trend with some of the craft breweries around here (and there are dozens.) Some are making "craft" pilsners now, and making them very well. Amazing how just the freshness can beat the macrobrew pilsners of old.

Reactions: Plinsc
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky