SUGGESTIONS FOR A RELIABLE SMOKER TO REPLACE USELESS BROKEN MASTERBUILT DIGITAL ELECTRIC SMOKER THAT WORKED 2.5 TIMES?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Its one thing to post a bad review about a product but to be incessantly angry about it in a place that has not one thing to with the company that made said product isn't right.This isn't Facebook or Twitter.

Might be time for one of the Mods to close this thread,it apparently ain't getting anywhere.

I would be frustrated as well. Its not an electric smoker, but I do love my Rec Teq. Check them out as a replacement. And they have the most amazing customer service...second to none.

I would be frustrated as well. Its not an electric smoker, but I do love my Rec Teq. Check them out as a replacement. And they have the most amazing customer service...second to none.
Sandy, I get the frustration and I myself have been frustrated with Masterbuilt, and would definitely be frustrated if my unit failed after 2 or 3 smokes .. however I think the difference with me and others is that we took a positive approach with them. Customer service is largely going to treat you how they treat them. I was nice and respectful, and they eventually got me back up and running and I have a shelf full of free spare parts that they don't want back and two bags of lump charcoal for the inconvenience. I also took a positive approach with the community here and posted all my experiences so it could hopefully help other people that have the same problem in the future.

Last edited:
I would suggest looking at a Weber Kettle. I have two of them, each a different size: a 22 and the 26. Both serve a purpose, and are very well built!
B7CF7987-F0B8-4C57-989C-945FAAAF8A0F.jpeg

Reactions: mcokevin
I would suggest her letting one of our fine members to actually help fix what she has. Some have offered to do it for her. If none are close enough, I'd be willing to bet that someone would actually talk her through the whole procedure on the phone.

Reactions: 912smoker
I would suggest her letting one of our fine members to actually help fix what she has. Some have offered to do it for her. If none are close enough, I'd be willing to bet that someone would actually talk her through the whole procedure on the phone.
I apologize sir. I saw the title of the thread and responded.
I’m sure it can be fixed.

If I seem angry it is because I AM extremely angry at Masterbuilt and I am pretty sure they read this very popular forum.

I am more interested in Masterbuilt hearing my anger and my horrible experience with their so-called customer service, and in alerting people to how bad this particular Masterbuilt product is (perhaps they all are) so that no one else makes the mistake of buying it than I am with impressing people on this forum with my good attitude.

Since the fixes suggested on this forum are better for people who know how to do electrical fixes and that isn't me, I am using this forum to talk to Masterbuilt more than I am to talk to the members of this forum. However, if anyone is researching Masterbuilt products I do want my experience to benefit them before they've wasted money and time on a Masterbuilt smoker.

There has been one type of fix suggested, which is relatively expensive ($150 part on spec that it is even the problem) and takes tools that I don't have which I would also have to purchase. I have already spent $140 to repair the unit and that was unsuccessful. I am not sure how much I would have to spend after purchasing the part to have the part installed, but the person who fixes this stuff has a service call charge of $180.

I do appreciate the suggestions, but they aren't for me. I was hoping to hear a suggestion that I could implement, but I have not, which is no one's fault of course. I am sorry that my anger turns you off, but there is a reason I am expressing anger in this particular forum, as I've explained.

I have also left bad reviews of this product where possible. You are inferring that I did not get help from Masterbuilt BECAUSE I am angry and use capital letters in my posts. I feel totally ripped off by Masterbuilt and if a customer being angry after a few tries of getting no help on a brand new $400 unit that worked 2.5 times is a problem for this company to the extent that they then refuse to help the angry customer, I want future customers of Masterbuilt to know that Masterbuilt will not help an angry customer.
I'm sorry to hear of your aanguish. I too have experienced similar from Masterbuilt. As a sever stroke survivor, there is probbly no way I could do this mod either, and spending $200 or about that to make junk functional doesn't seem logical. FWIW, i even have to pay someone to change the plugs in my jeeps.:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky