1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Stuffing sausage with a #32 meat grinder

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by JZ_Focus, Jun 2, 2018.

1. So, today I finally broke out the grinder that I bought when Gander Mountain was going out of business. It works like a champ and ground up the 4.5lbs of meat without any issue. Where I have a question is, when running the meat through the stuffing tube, I filled 2 full casings and a partial third, but there was still a lot of meat in the grinding head. What does anyone else do to push that meat through and into the casing? I basically pulled it all apart and stuffed the last bit by hand through the tube. There has to be an easier way to get all of the meat pushed through.

2. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I use a vertical stuffer . I bet you will too in time . When I didn't have the stuffer I used a couple of slices of bread to push the meat out . Just know when to stop .

3. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yep, Bread is a classic. Dad would take the last meat from the grinder/tube and cook off a pattie or two as a Butchers Treat...JJ

chopsaw likes this.