Stuffer pressure release valve removal..."e clip"...HELP!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SherryT

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Crawford AL
I just unboxed my new stuffer (Game Winner 5lb from Academy).

As I was reading the instructions to break down/clean, it says to remove the pressure release valve. The problem is how the thing is secured...I believe it's called an "e clip" (this is not the valve in my stuffer, but it looks the same for reference).

pressure-release-valve2.jpg

So how do I get this thing off? I tried pulling it off horizontally using a set of needle nose pliers, but it won't budge. Do I need a special tool? I'm assuming this is going to HAVE to come off for cleaning, so I'm basically stuck here with a batch of bangers ready for stuffing in the fridge.

HELP???

Try to get a flat blade screwdriver in between the clip and the shaft and pry it off. Be careful, as the clip can spring off and get lost.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
It might also be a problem getting it back on after you get it off, how strong is the spring?

It looks all stainless, so I'm not sure I would take it apart. Use a tooth brush to clean it if you can manually

Try to get a flat blade screwdriver in between the clip and the shaft and pry it off. Be careful, as the clip can spring off and get lost.

A-HA! Broke out my set of eyeglass screwdrivers...that did the trick.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbern tbern has you covered. There shouldn’t be a spring so just be carful the clip doesn’t get away from you. Going back on, just steady horizontal pressure at the center of the clip will push it back on.

As a side I never take mine off, it has a threaded nut on top, I use plenty of warm soapy water and a brush to clean it, even a tooth brush if I really want to get down in around the stem.

As a side I never take mine off, it has a threaded nut on top, I use plenty of warm soapy water and a brush to clean it, even a tooth brush if I really want to get down in around the stem.
That and a good soaking with 50/50 bleach and water....

I never take mine off either. Sanitize with star-san before net use and good to go.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I ended up removing it to clean...there was meat in the hole and I couldn't get it out using a brush.

I just unboxed my new stuffer (Game Winner 5lb from Academy).

As I was reading the instructions to break down/clean, it says to remove the pressure release valve. The problem is how the thing is secured...I believe it's called an "e clip" (this is not the valve in my stuffer, but it looks the same for reference).

View attachment 645622
So how do I get this thing off? I tried pulling it off horizontally using a set of needle nose pliers, but it won't budge. Do I need a special tool? I'm assuming this is going to HAVE to come off for cleaning, so I'm basically stuck here with a batch of bangers ready for stuffing in the fridge.

HELP???
Snap ring pliers are the proper tool

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky