Stuffed Pork Loin Smoking Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

IndyRay

Original poster
Feb 11, 2022
I see in numerous pork loin recipes that when cooking it whole, the smoke time is +/-2 hrs. But when stuffing, the cook time increases to +/-4 hrs. Why? It would seem that by creating the pocket you are thinning the meat and it should cook faster.

None of us cook by time. We cook to internal temp. With that said, different pit temps will always change the amount of time something takes to reach desired IT. Give us more details on your plan. Cooking temp, smoker type etc and we can help you better

I understand cooking to IT. My question applies to scheduling, how soon to start so I am close to serving time.

Why would a stuffed pork loin take twice as long to cook as an non-stuffed with all other variables the same?

Reactions: JLeonard
I understand cooking to IT. My question applies to scheduling, how soon to start so I am close to serving time.

Why would a stuffed pork loin take twice as long to cook as an non-stuffed with all other variables the same?
Did all the recipes you looked at cook at the same temp? You still didn't provide what temp you will be cooking at. Something cooked at 225 will take longer than something cooked at 300. Nobody here can help you with timing if you don't give us more details on your plan

Did all the recipes you looked at cook at the same temp? You still didn't provide what temp you will be cooking at. Something cooked at 225 will take longer than something cooked at 300. Nobody here can help you with timing if you don't give us more details on your plan
Did you read my response that said all other variables were the same. I find your response condescending and not at all helpful.

What time do you plan to serve?
I like to take stuffed pork loins to 140° IT then tent in foil for 10-20 minutes and let the carry over temp take the final IT to 145°
Just chipping in my 2¢ worth.

Did you read my response that said all other variables were the same. I find your response condescending and not at all helpful.
Look here bud you came here for help. I asked the appropriate questions to try to provide you that help. You in turn refused to answer those questions. How do you expect anyone to help you on timing if we don't know the temperature you are cooking at or the size of the meat? You sir are being condescending and quite frankly rude. You will get zero help from me or likely anyone else around here with that attitude. This is one of the most friendly forums on the web and I certainly didn't say anything out of the way to you. Good day and good luck on your loin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky