strangest thing I've cooked lately

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 21, 2006
Monroe, La
I bet no one else in cyberspace cooked what I did tonight!
I wanted something different and the wife wanted a steak, I decided on some grilled rabbit. We both agreed on grilled zucchini as our veggie.

So I threw them on the grill side of the BSKD and got things started

The rabbit and zucchini had been on the grill for about 20 minutes here, but the steak was at 7 minutes

And here is the rabbit, zucchini and some sour cream and chive noodles. I figured everyone new what a steak looked like so I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t take pics of it finished. I think my wife would have bit me if I tried!
biggrin.gif

If you haven't tried some Rabbit on the grill then you need to check it out.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Rodger I cant even tell you how much Ive been wanting some rabbit. ALL I can get around here is domestic and would love some wild rabbit. It must have been great.

Thing is that was store bought rabbit
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
I haven't had time to hunt this year and I really wanted some rabbit. Name brand of the rabbit was "Bernards" from Marrerro, La.

it looks very good on the puter..lol

i use to work in one of those "rabbit farms"... lets just say i cant stomach a rabbit anymore...

between 300 and 1500 raggits use to see my knife everyday
icon_cry.gif

i shoot wild rabbits around where i live , and i normaly either make them into a stew or bake them in the oven stuffed and wrapped in bacon or with a couple of bacon rashers layed on top of them , wild rabbits can be very dry if not cooked carefully.they make a very nice curry dish .

we use to vacuum seal them with different marinades at the farm..

lemon-pepper
cajun
basic marinade(italian salad dressing basically)
and i think garlic and some black sauce...lol

I have three beagles,& we hunt rabbits in season.I maraniade them in Italian dressing,wrap bacon around them,& smoke them.Real good.
Bill

Like the tee shirt sez -

Guinea Pig - when there is absolutely nothing left in the freezer.

Rabbit is not that strange. Eats pretty good, matter of fact.

bad memories bad memories..lol

we hung them by the foot...sliced the head off....cut them open...i cant go on..lol

the crying the crying...cant tell if it was the rabbits or me..lol

Man I'm glad you said that
biggrin.gif
, I've been afraid I offended everyone since I posted it
icon_rolleyes.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky