1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

strangest thing I've cooked lately

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cajunsmoker, Mar 17, 2007.

1. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I bet no one else in cyberspace cooked what I did tonight!
    I wanted something different and the wife wanted a steak, I decided on some grilled rabbit. We both agreed on grilled zucchini as our veggie.

[​IMG]

So I threw them on the grill side of the BSKD and got things started

[​IMG]

The rabbit and zucchini had been on the grill for about 20 minutes here, but the steak was at 7 minutes

[​IMG]

And here is the rabbit, zucchini and some sour cream and chive noodles. I figured everyone new what a steak looked like so I didn’t take pics of it finished. I think my wife would have bit me if I tried![​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you haven't tried some Rabbit on the grill then you need to check it out.[​IMG]

2. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That looks good! Wish I had a source for fresh rabbit.[​IMG]

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

3. Darned if that don’t look tasty…Roger! I drive by a rabbit farm every day…hmmmm…[​IMG]

4. vulcan75001

vulcan75001 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks good Rodger.....haven't had rabbit in ages....[​IMG]

5. msmith

msmith Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Rodger I cant even tell you how much Ive been wanting some rabbit. ALL I can get around here is domestic and would love some wild rabbit. It must have been great.

6. I haven't grilled rabbit in years. But zucchini is always on the grilling menu.

7. cajunsmoker

Thing is that was store bought rabbit[​IMG] I haven't had time to hunt this year and I really wanted some rabbit. Name brand of the rabbit was "Bernards" from Marrerro, La.

8. teacup13

teacup13 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

it looks very good on the puter..lol

i use to work in one of those "rabbit farms"... lets just say i cant stomach a rabbit anymore...

between 300 and 1500 raggits use to see my knife everyday[​IMG]

9. johno

johno Smoke Blower

i shoot wild rabbits around where i live , and i normaly either make them into a stew or bake them in the oven stuffed and wrapped in bacon or with a couple of bacon rashers layed on top of them , wild rabbits can be very dry if not cooked carefully.they make a very nice curry dish .

10. teacup13

we use to vacuum seal them with different marinades at the farm..

lemon-pepper
    cajun
    basic marinade(italian salad dressing basically)
    and i think garlic and some black sauce...lol

11. delaware smoker

delaware smoker Fire Starter

I have three beagles,& we hunt rabbits in season.I maraniade them in Italian dressing,wrap bacon around them,& smoke them.Real good.
    Bill

12. linescum

linescum Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

not much meat on the ribs though

13. mmmmm looking good ....you silly rabbit !!!![​IMG]

14. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Like the tee shirt sez -

Guinea Pig - when there is absolutely nothing left in the freezer.

Rabbit is not that strange. Eats pretty good, matter of fact.

15. Just curious to know how they gut the rabbits on a production farm. When very young, I learned a way to do it from my Step Dad that is very easy, quick and clean. And I do it everytime.

16. teacup13

bad memories bad memories..lol

we hung them by the foot...sliced the head off....cut them open...i cant go on..lol

the crying the crying...cant tell if it was the rabbits or me..lol

17. cajunsmoker

Does it involve holding under the front legs and a quick downward whip motion?

18. teacup13

^^^^ yup what he said..lol

19. You've gutted a rabbit before. Gold star for you. Except I whip it backward between my legs and SMACK my forearms on my thighs. The sudden stop makes them shoot right out.

20. cajunsmoker

Man I'm glad you said that[​IMG] , I've been afraid I offended everyone since I posted it[​IMG]