Storing emulsified sausage meat overnight

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BjornEK

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 22, 2023
Molde, Norway
Hi!
Please excuse my bad grammar and spelling errors. I'm Norwegian and English is not my first language.
I've just been a reader of this forum for some time. Great forum and great people here!

I really want to try to make emulsified sausage. Unfortunately I do not have space for a bowl cutter. I found a great forum post here were a user emulsified sausage meat with a Champion Juicer and just found and ordered an used one.

When making emulsified meat, can it be stored over night in the fridge and stuffed the next day, or can the storage break the "bind"?

I'm also very interested to get in touch with forum users that use the Champion for sausage making to get some tips and tricks.

Best regards,
Bjorn

Just replying to move back to the top for you.

I have seen the posts you talked about the juicers.

I am sure someone that knows your question will be here to help you soon

And welcome to the site I am from Nova Scotia Canada

When you get a chance go to Roll Call to introduce yourself

Hope this helps

David

Reactions: BjornEK
Bjorn I just did a quick search ( up in the top right corner ) and came up with a list of the post that mentioned the juicer.
And Eric SmokinEdge SmokinEdge has one and does what you are asking. He might pop in here and help you about your question about storage over night
I myself cannot see why you could not as long as your fridge is cold enough etc.

Good luck

David

Reactions: BjornEK
Welcome to the forum BjornEK BjornEK .
Thank you DRKsmoking DRKsmoking (David) for the tag. I do have the Champion juicer and use it for emulsifying. You must get the Blank plate for emulsification that replaces the screen plate for juicing.
I stuff my emulsified sausages and then refrigerate them overnight to smoke the next day. This is easier for me than stuffing the next day as the meat batter gets stiff setting overnight and must have water added and remixed before stuffing.

Hi!
Please excuse my bad grammar and spelling errors. I'm Norwegian and English is not my first language.
Coulda fooled me! Your grammar and spelling is better than many here including myself! LOL Welcome!

I just consulted Marianski and did not see anything that states you can't do it and have not myself but agree with Eric SmokinEdge SmokinEdge it will probably get stiff overnight. If you're worried the Champion will be hard to clean, its not.

abWelcome to the forum BjornEK BjornEK .
Thank you DRKsmoking DRKsmoking (David) for the tag. I do have the Champion juicer and use it for emulsifying. You must get the Blank plate for emulsification that replaces the screen plate for juicing.
I stuff my emulsified sausages and then refrigerate them overnight to smoke the next day. This is easier for me than stuffing the next day as the meat batter gets stiff setting overnight and must have water added and remixed before stuffing.
Thank you for helping!
The blank plate is included with the champion I bought (it's still in the mail).
Not a good idea to store emulsified sausage dough overnight then.
When you emulsify the grinded meat does it heat up a lot from friction from the Champion processing? Have you had any problems with the emulsion breaking because of this?

Coulda fooled me! Your grammar and spelling is better than many here including myself! LOL Welcome!

I just consulted Marianski and did not see anything that states you can't do it and have not myself but agree with Eric SmokinEdge SmokinEdge it will probably get stiff overnight. If you're worried the Champion will be hard to clean, its not.
Thank you!
Nice to know that it is easy to clean.
My plan is to use the Champion for emulsified sausages only to extend the lifetime of the cutter blades.
Too bad that the Champion is no longer in production.

You shouldnt have any problems with storing the emulsified meat in the fridge. Just keep it covered as you would ground meat. Yes the meat will warm up to about 50-55 degrees but it emulsifies so fast you can get it right back into the fridge to cool. Its not like a slow grinding process

Reactions: BjornEK and chopsaw
I agree . Should be no different than holding already ground and mixed meat paste . When I cover , I put the plastic wrap right down on the meat , as opposed to stretching over the bowl or tub . It's also not a given that more water will have to be added .
Should stuff fine in larger casings .Let us know how it comes out .

Reactions: BjornEK and boykjo
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky