Stock Pots--Looking for Quality

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cast_Iron

Original poster
Feb 6, 2017
I'm in the market for a giant stock pot. 60-80 qt plus.

The ones I have used in the past always seem too flimsy and don't last but a year or two.

Does anyone make a top notch stock pot anymore? I am willing to pay for something that the company stands behind and offers a great warranty.

Try searching webstaurantstore dot com and filter them to 60 or 80 quarts. They seem to have regular and heavy duty aluminum and stainless steel ones. Sorry I'm not allowed to post the actual link here.

Try searching webstaurantstore dot com and filter them to 60 or 80 quarts. They seem to have regular and heavy duty aluminum and stainless steel ones. Sorry I'm not allowed to post the actual link here.

To answer a question you are allowed to post a link if needed to help them out

I bought one of these a few years ago it's heavy duty and NSF approvedI bough

Bayou Classic makes some decent aluminum stock pots

60 quarts is 15 gallons
80 quarts is 20 gallons
I'm no help in your search but just wondering what they will be used for

Scalding turkeys, geese, and portions of pigs. Large peanut boils. Seafood boils. Boiling mass amounts of meat at one time for sausage. etc.

60q/15G is easy. SS keg and cut top off. Google keggle. Built like a tank.
They also work for keeping large quantity of meat warm for large cooks, Chicken and tri tip. used then at Brandings for years. got to have a lid though. I have 5-6 kegs at home I got free and been meaning to convert.

Reactions: zwiller
Thunder Group. Commercial stainless with a 3 ply clad bottom or all aluminum. Stainless is available in sizes up to 100 quart and come with lids. Aluminum are available up to 100 quart, too, but don't seem to come with lids. Katom.com has them as well as many other brands.

I think you could find what you are looking for at a restaurant supply store, either online or in person.
Al

gat, Another option is to look for old military mess stock pots. They are a heavy gauge stainless and were built to take lots of abuse and never wear out.

Last edited:
OP, what do you plan on cooking in the pot? If you want to cook anything acidic you want and need Stainless. Aluminum will visually etch and also leach into your food.

Reactions: mike243
OP, what do you plan on cooking in the pot? If you want to cook anything acidic you want and need Stainless. Aluminum will visually etch and also leach into your food.

Good point. I may do large batches of tomatoes at some point. I will have to look into stainless pots. Thanks for the input!

I purchased a nice one from Sam's. Was a heavy bottom to it and like it so far

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky