Steven Raichlen question, kind of.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

natdiamond

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
I get directtv, the only show I see around for smoking are the Steven Raichlen shows. But it seems he does 99% of his smoking on the Webber. He has electric and offset smokers in the background for props, but rarely if ever does he cook with them. I have both an offset and electric. Is the webber  that much of the bomb diggity that I need to be investing in one?

Use what you got, I gotta GOSM gasser, and I love it, all though now that I'm really getting into smoking, I'm thinking about buying a 22.5" WSM, just cause it will hold more food, and it gets great reviews here and other places as well. As far as Steven is concerned, he uses a lot of Weber products, probably because they have a great product, but more likely than not, they're a sponser of the show.

I agree use what you have. I have a 20" yoder sfb smoker and really like it. The WSM gets rave reviews and it may take a little less tending then some. So I guess its just a personal preference and how much tending  to the smoke you want to do. They all seem to put out a pretty good product.

Use what you got, I gotta GOSM gasser, and I love it, all though now that I'm really getting into smoking, I'm thinking about buying a 22.5" WSM, just cause it will hold more food, and it gets great reviews here and other places as well. As far as Steven is concerned, he uses a lot of Weber products, probably because they have a great product, but more likely than not, they're a sponser of the show.
I agree, use what you've got. I have a GOSM big block, but I niow use the Weber 22.5 in. more more often. It's nice to have both, but you don't really need them. It's all good my friend.

i've seen him pull out that yoder or horizon in the back to do a brisket................

I love both of my smokers. The electric is my favorite. Very little effort, awesome results. The offset gives me the bark I love , but it's like caring for a sick infant with a phlemmy cough, lot's of attention needed. My patio has a gas grill, electric smoker, offset smoker and a hibachi, I won't be giving up any of my smokers, nor am I in the financial position to get the webber yet, but Christmas IS just around the corner!!!

His show is sponsored by Weber, so I assume he probably uses Weber products as much as possible. He's probably like a lot of us too, and has his comfort zones when it comes to grills.

icon_cool.gif

Use what you got. Now if you watch that "Primal Grill" much you will find out that he doesn't smoke much he just is the one who steps in front of the camera and says stupid s----

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky